GPS Tracker - How to match up to downloaded dive

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nauidiver
Dive Computer: Atom 3.1

GPS Tracker - How to match up to downloaded dive

Post by nauidiver »

Would appreciate a little help from those more experienced with this app across MAC/iOS. I use the GPS tracker on iOS when boat diving and it works great in capturing the locations;

1) though it tends to create dozens of site dots all in the same vicinity. So that is a feature update request, stop creating GPS site dots three meters apart, or allow a user to combine into one site. Just swinging on an anchor is enough to create a dozen GPS locations on the same site.

2) when I'm done diving for the day, I return home and download my dives from my computer. Would like the sites captured from the GPS tracker to then automatically tag the location to my dive profile for that site. Then I can name the site, etc...

3) In the OSX version, allow me to enter site location GPS coordinates manually please...

I've read the instructions for matching GPS tracker sites to dive profiles, but I cannot for the life of me get that feature to work! I've read, and reread how to do this dozens of times and still no love.

Would greatly appreciate some assistance and maybe my workflow is why I'm not getting the GPS site tracking to sync with my dive profiles....

Thanks!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: GPS Tracker - How to match up to downloaded dive

Post by nick »

1) though it tends to create dozens of site dots all in the same vicinity. So that is a feature update request, stop creating GPS site dots three meters apart, or allow a user to combine into one site. Just swinging on an anchor is enough to create a dozen GPS locations on the same site.
This will not happen. The more dots, the merrier. The only reason it doesn't create more is due to how much battery it uses. The more you have, the more accurate the readings are, and the more likely the correct position will be used. Removing this would be a bad idea in many ways.

Ultimately you shouldn't need to even care, it's just there as a visual representation of what was recorded, particularly to indicate that it is in fact recording information. The individual locations are not intended to be used individually, just automatically.
2) when I'm done diving for the day, I return home and download my dives from my computer. Would like the sites captured from the GPS tracker to then automatically tag the location to my dive profile for that site. Then I can name the site, etc...
They semi-automatically will, but not on macOS, as they're not currently synced. What you want to do is download your dive profiles, then sync back to iOS. From there, the user guide has plenty of information with screenshots and all to show you how to do this:

http://mac-dive.com/help/ios_01_07_track.php

The key thing to note here is that the locations are NOT synced to macOS, at least at the moment. But around that, it's relatively straightforward. You'll get suggestions for existing sites, or shortcuts to create a new site with those coordinates, etc, it's all pretty simple.
3) In the OSX version, allow me to enter site location GPS coordinates manually please...
You already can. You can either paste coordinates in to the search box in the Site Inspector to "search" for them, or you can edit them directly in their respective columns in the sites list view.