MacDive Forums

Discussion and Support for MacDive
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:47 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:09 am 

Dive Computer: d6i
Is this possible? Searched around the forum but didn't see a post about this (sorry if I missed it) and couldn't figure it out from the User Guide.

The User Guide says you can add files to your iOS app through iTunes File Sharing i.e. drag and drop from your Mac into MacDive Documents in iTunes but what if you have no internet because you're somewhere remote (or perhaps you're like my parents and just not fans of the cloud altogether) and need/want to manually sync from your iPhone to your Mac?

I played around with the iTunes File Sharing and nothing seems to happen if you drag/drop the files out of iTunes (take the files/folders off iOS from MacDive Documents) and then drag/drop into MacDive OS X. I wasn't expecting anything to happen but some of the folders (like Photos) seem to show up in the Library folder now but none of the dives dropped in the database. Is there something special I need to do with the sqlite file on iOS? Presuming if you were to replace the sqlite file in your Library folder you'll just overwrite your local db so didn't mess with that.

Just wondering if there is a way (albeit more painfully) to do this in the off chance you can't do it via Cloud Sync...

Many thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:40 am 
Site Admin

Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI
Copying the database file between iOS and macOS works (the user guide explains how to do this), but if you have syncing enabled, do not do this - the sync will break and you will need to reset it.

Note you can't just drag/drop. Read the user guide for how to replace data on the Mac:

http://mac-dive.com/help/mac_04_01_userdata

You can't mix and match cloud sync and manually copying the file - it will break. But you can use one or the other.