Log Dive on MacDive iOS then sync Dive Computer via MacDive

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
Acidham
Dive Computer: Sunnto D6i

Log Dive on MacDive iOS then sync Dive Computer via MacDive

Post by Acidham »

I am using MacDive macOS and Dive Log on iOS since many years. When I am diving I log all my dives into DiveLog on iOS and when back I sync my Dive Computer via MacDive on macOS. At the end I merge both data sets which is supported by DiveLog and MacDive for macOS.
Now I think about to buy me MacDive for iOS as well and replace it with DiveLog but I am not sure if my usecase above is working with MacDive macOS and iOS.

Can someone tell me if my use case above is supported and working? Any pitfalls?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Log Dive on MacDive iOS then sync Dive Computer via MacD

Post by nick »

This is covered in the User Guide:

http://mac-dive.com/help/mac_02_05_merging.php

Cheers
Acidham

Post by Acidham »

Thx for the manual. Seems it is straight forward.

Sorry for asking again, but with DiveLog in the past I had some "data accidents" because I was not following the workflow step by step.

Does that mean that I can (1) log my dives on the boat on my iPhone, (2) sync data via Dropbox and when I am at home I open MacDive on macOS which (3) sync the dives from Dropbox and THEN I (4) sync my D6i with MacDive on macOS and everything gets merged together? Or do I need to care on another order?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

That is correct. If you download your D6i before you sync via Dropbox, then you need to choose Tools > AutoMerge from the menu yourself. If you download the D6i afterwards then it will automatically pop up if it finds anything. Either way, same end result.

It's a lot more robust than syncing to Dive Log, which uses an entirely different data format and was very difficult to sync effectively.
Acidham

Post by Acidham »

Thx for the quick response....! That helped