New Releases: Desktop 2.6.5, iOS 1.1.3

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

New Releases: Desktop 2.6.5, iOS 1.1.3

Post by nick »

A couple of quick releases..

2.6.5 for Mac
New Features:
  • Added export to UDDF.
  • Added a flag for Ascension Island.
  • Loosened auto merge time matching.
  • Improved statistics graphs.
  • Improved DM4 database import.
  • Minor performance optimisations.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed issue where alarms from an EON Steel weren’t added correctly.
  • Fixed a crash displaying statistics graphs when unexpected data was encountered.
  • Fixed issue where NDT wouldn’t display in some cases.
  • Fixed reading CNS from some devices.
  • Misc minor bug fixes.
1.1.3 for iOS
New Features:
  • Added direct import for the Suunto Cobra, Vyper, Vytec and Zoop (via DC Buddy).
  • Added support for new D4i/D6i firmware versions.
  • Added support for reading Suunto DM4+ database files.
  • Added ability to sort dive list by duration.
  • Added flag for Ascension Island.
  • Added scrubber time and type fields.
  • Sites with no GPS can now have a tracked location added from the Location tab of a dive.
  • Improved UDDF import.
  • More granular sync progress updates.
Bug Fixes:
  • Various DC Buddy fixes.
  • Fixed issue downloading from some OSTC 2’s.
  • Minor bug fixes.
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

Re: New Releases: Desktop 2.6.5, iOS 1.1.3

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote: 1.1.3 for iOS
New Features:
  • Added scrubber time and type fields.
Thanks for all the work you do Nick.
On the feature listed above, I cannot find those 2 fields on the iPhone app. Synching seems all correct for all the other fields.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Sorry for the delay, I didn't get a notification about your post.

Under the Gas Tab of a dive, tap on the top section (Computer, Weights etc). It's a bit obscure, but then, it's a more advanced field with less appeal to the majority of users.

Hopefully in the future we will redesign the various tabs and have some of this stuff less hidden away.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

Thanks for the reply Nick. I've found it. It's indeed a less needed feature by a lot of people so it's fine where it is, especially now that I know where to look for it :)

It seems though that the scrubber time is missing. I can see the scrubber type, but not the scrubber time (and in all fairness that's the important field to have).
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

They're all there, but they will be hidden by default if there is no value. Try tapping "Edit". You should see "Scrub. Before" and "Scub. After". Those are the times (same as the Desktop of course).
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

Thanks Nick. Those fields are very well hidden :mrgreen:

For a future update, it would be good if those two fields (before/after) could be seen without going into the edit mode. It would make sense to add those fields above the current scrubber type. Something like :

CCR

Scrubber time
65' / 130'

Scrubber type
Intersorb
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

As above, they will be hidden *if there is no value*. If you add a value, then they will appear, and they will be under a CCR section.

However, the iPhone is a little stricter than the Desktop, which is just any old string. The iPhone expects something of the form HH:MM, and the entry field is a time picker for convenience. So it may simply be that your format isn't translating to a number and being treated as "no value".

I verified just now and I see the fields as expected when not in edit mode, provided they have values.

If it would be easier I will simply change this to a text field on the phone. You would have to enter your own text manually rather than using a time picker, but that will remove the reliance on it being in a certain form. I did this because I thought it would be easier for you on the phone, and the field was always intended to be used that way.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Jean-Francois wrote: Thanks for all the work you do Nick.
..and thank you, for saying thank you! It is very much appreciated. And you are welcome!
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote:The iPhone expects something of the form HH:MM, and the entry field is a time picker for convenience. So it may simply be that your format isn't translating to a number and being treated as "no value".
That's why it wasn't showing then. There were values but the value for the before field was 00:00 because the sorb was new (I just changed it) and in the after field I have a value expressed in minutes only (i.e. 64' in that case). I always used minutes on the desktop version as it is "easier" me because the dive time is in minutes.
nick wrote:If it would be easier I will simply change this to a text field on the phone. You would have to enter your own text manually rather than using a time picker, but that will remove the reliance on it being in a certain form. I did this because I thought it would be easier for you on the phone, and the field was always intended to be used that way.
For me it would but I don't know what the other CCR divers think about this. I haven't used the iPhone version to enter a new dive yet. I always go through my iMac.
zzzking
Dive Computer: Reefnet Ultra

Post by zzzking »

I just updated to the newest release. Can you please clarify something for me, I see there is now an in-app purchase to use my DCBuddy. Does that mean I have lost that capability from the last release?