MacDive for iPhone - 1.0.1

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

MacDive for iPhone - 1.0.1

Post by nick »

1.0.1 is now available on the App Store (and lets say a big thanks to Apple for expediting this, super cool of them - approved in less than 3 hours!).

New Features:
  • Added flags for Corsica, Ibiza, Mallorca, Minorca, and Sardinia.
  • Minor performance improvements.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed critical issue with certain Smart Logs causing a crash.
  • Choosing a photo for a Certification no longer only lets you choose from Moments.
I apologise for the Smart Log crash. Super frustrating, for both you and us. This slipped past us. :( As I mentioned in the initial announcement, it always amazes me the varied and crazy data that people have. It's pretty tough to make sure that every single configuration works 100%, so we're sorry about the hassle.

In the future, we'll have TestFlight betas available for people that are interested so we can get a bunch more testing done on updates. We had to balance that with trying to make this a big surprise, so hopefully we can minimise this happening again.
joelaposta
Dive Computer: Mares Icon HD

Re: MacDive for iPhone - 1.0.1

Post by joelaposta »

Found another bug... Seems if I try to look at any gear that has had maintenance records associated it crashes the app.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hmm. I will look in to that. Could you please email me your MacDive.sqlite data file from the iPhone?

Use iTunes File Sharing and you can drag/drop it in to an email. I haven't seen a crash there before, so it's possible it's data-specific. I can take a look today though.

edit: just playing now it seems to be working as expected on the data I have on my phone, so it would be good to verify against yours to see if I can replicate it.
joelaposta
Dive Computer: Mares Icon HD

Post by joelaposta »

Emailed the sqlite...
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Yep, cheers. On it this evening for you.
meicker
Dive Computer: Mares QUAD AIR

Post by meicker »

Hi all :-)

first, I wish a good start into 2016 ! :-)

And then, before the year ends ... a silly question :lol:

When I use the tracking function of McDive for IPhone - I guess that the iPhone needs to swim on the surface in a box or something ..., right ? Because as far as I know GPS is not working under water, so it would make no sense to take the phone with me in my dry suit ... correct ? :mrgreen:

Marc
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

We will be selling MacDive branded surface boxes to drag this year!

But joking aside, leave it on the boat (I leave mine in a dry bag). The idea is to record the dive site, not where you were during the dive. It's designed to automate you having to stand on the boat messing around trying to record your current location.

I had to do that once, in a full 7mm wetsuit, tank and fins on, ready to dive. Some guy in our group decides now is a good time to log the dive site GPS while the rest of us are waiting in the sun. He was not popular after that.
meicker
Dive Computer: Mares QUAD AIR

Post by meicker »

Hi Nick,

Happy new year :-)

Ok, simply misunderstood the purpose :-) But anyway the function is really good because now I know where I was diving at holidays ...

Best regards,
Marc