Update - 2.3.8

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Update - 2.3.8

Post by nick »

DaveH2O wrote:Hi Nick,

I installed the latest update to MacDive and now I'm unable to download any data from my Oceanic Pro Plus 3. Whenever I click to download I get the following error message: Failed connecting to dive computer on serial port '/dev/tty.usbserial-20030001' (Error Code: -7). I've rebooted my computer and it still won't download. The USB recognizes the dive computer as I get the PC interface screen and the countdown timer begins. I tried a download with the Oceanic program (DiverLog) and it downloaded without a problem so I assume that the USB serial port is operating correctly. I did not experience any problems with downloads prior to the latest release. Any ideas?
Nothing changed with the Pro Plus 3. The most likely cause of this particular issue is that the cable is plugged in upside down. It fits both ways, but only works one way. Please check that you have it plugged in correctly, and that you do not have a low battery.
dc3john
Dive Computer: Mares Icon HD

Post by dc3john »

No sir, as I said, everything is as it was before the update. Full battery also....

So if you are saying that nothing changed then what am I supposed to do?

John
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hello,

Please email support. We have a beta version you can try.

Thank you
MacDive Support
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Post by henrik »

Hi! Where do I find the "option to trim trailing surface samples from Shearwater Petrel dives"?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Preferences - Advanced - Prefer Bottom Time
ke6nyt
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra family

Re: Update - 2.3.8 Eon Steel small issue

Post by ke6nyt »

Hello Nick,
Went to Catalina this past weekend to teach an Advanced Open Water Class and we went to 100'. I have my Depth alarm set at 99'. When I downloaded the dives, I have an O2 alarm instead of a depth alarm. Downloaded the dives into Suunto's DM5 (Yuk) and it says depth alarm. Not a big deal so whenever you get around to it. All else seems to be working fine for the Eon Steel. I only dive recreationally so I don't use the CCR or trip mix side of the Eon Steel but the recreational side seems OK with the new stuff.

Dan
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Post by henrik »

nick wrote:Preferences - Advanced - Prefer Bottom Time
Oh, is that what it does? It seems to do something else from what I could understand from the description :?
davef
Dive Computer: OSTC 2C

Post by davef »

Hi Nick
The import from my wife's OSTC 2n seems to have broken. The import starts ok, it finds the port and triggers the computer to start downloading, the computer finishes and resets back to the 'home' screen but the app is stuck in a loop and won't move beyond the 'beginning import' bar at the bottom of the screen.
Interestingly the rest of the app isn't frozen - the window sliders move and the menus will open but the spinning wheel of death won't stop in the bottom bar and the quit button doesn't work. The only way to clear it is to quit the app which corrupts the database and I have to restore from a backup.
Any ideas?
Ta
Dave
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Is the firmware up to date on the 2N?

Otherwise, no - please email me. I'll need to get a little more info from you.
JerryA
Dive Computer: OSTC 2n

Post by JerryA »

Just to let you know, I have had no problems downloading from my OSTC 2n.