Mac Dive app query

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
Smudger1962
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper

Mac Dive app query

Post by Smudger1962 »

Hi

I've been using dive log 5 on windows, but I bought a new iMac today (never had a mac before so its new to me) i saw the mac dive app and tried to download the free trial from your website. didn't seem to work and i get a message to the effect its not on the app store so can't download it. First question, why is it not on the app store and 2nd question does that mean I can't get it?? Like i say new to apple iMac so just trying to find my feet.

Thanks
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Mac Dive app query

Post by nick »

Hi,

MacDive was around long before the app store. Moving it there has never been a priority.

Second, I would need to know the exact problem you are seeing in order to help. You can download the free trial and run it - there should be no issue. Typically you will see a message saying "This is an application downloaded from the internet, do you want to open it?" and you can click Open.

If that's not the case, please email support and we'll help get you started.

Thanks
europaeer
Dive Computer: Shearwater

Post by europaeer »

may be again a question of security and Mac OS doesn't let it install as Mac Dive is not "signed"?! :shock:

http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic ... rity#p7279
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

MacDive is signed. I am investigating the issue.

Thanks
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Apologies for the delay on this. I had forgotten about the issue, but I went to install MacDive on a fresh machine yesterday and ran in to it, which reminded me.

I've figured out what the issue was and resolved it - the next update will no longer have this issue. For now you can always right click on MacDive and choose "Open" to work around it.

Cheers for the report, and sorry for not getting back to you sooner!