Can MacDive more than one Diver Log?

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
multiphish
Dive Computer: Tusa Zen Air

Can MacDive more than one Diver Log?

Post by multiphish »

Hello,

I am looking to import my girlfriends dives into my MacDive. I am wanting to have her dives imported into her own dive log within my MacDive. In other words, I don't want her dives merging into my dive log. We both have the same dive computer (Tusa Zen-Air), which obviously have unique serial numbers.
Is this possible to do?
Will MacDive automatically recognize her computer as a different computer because of serial number?
Are there any useful tips you can offer to help me set this up?
Any and all advice/information will be greatly appreciated!!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Can MacDive more than one Diver Log?

Post by nick »

multiphish wrote:Hello,
I am looking to import my girlfriends dives into my MacDive. I am wanting to have her dives imported into her own dive log within my MacDive. In other words, I don't want her dives merging into my dive log. We both have the same dive computer (Tusa Zen-Air), which obviously have unique serial numbers.
Is this possible to do?
Of course!
Will MacDive automatically recognize her computer as a different computer because of serial number?
Yes. The help covers this, but the tl;dr is that MacDive will create a dive computer for that serial. Change the Owner to you, and change the owner of the second one to your girlfriends, and the names will download as you expect after that.
Are there any useful tips you can offer to help me set this up?
First, go to Divers, and you should have a default one based on the login. You can create another easily for you or your girlfriend.

Second, download one of the devices. As above, it will create a dive computer under Gear. You can then edit that and change the Owner. You will then need to select all the dives and change the owner of them (as they will be default at this point). You can do this by selecting all dives, opening the Dive Inspector, and changing the owner - this lets you bulk edit dives so it should be quick and easy. Future downloads for that device will then be set to the correct diver, as you've set the Owner on the Gear.

Repeat for the second device, and then all subsequent downloads will work the way you want, and they'll be numbered independently, etc.

MacDive automatically creates a Diver in the sidebar for you, to quickly look at all your dives. You can also create custom smart dive logs and include "Diver = My Name" to create more specific dive logs. Eh, Diver = multiphish AND Country = Indonesia AND maxDepth > 20m.

Hope that helps, and hope it all makes sense.
multiphish
Dive Computer: Tusa Zen Air

Re: Can MacDive more than one Diver Log?

Post by multiphish »

Thanks Nick!!