Deco dives

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
Phillip Osborne
Dive Computer: OCi

Deco dives

Post by Phillip Osborne »

Hi

I use Macdive to log all my dives using Oceanic OCi computer and my backup computer is an Oceanic atom 3.

I have noticed when doing TEC dives, I use a sidemount configuration with a transmitter on each backgas tank but not on the Deco stage bottles, that MAcdive records each gas switch between backgas tanks as an new tank ( last dive it says i has 5 tanks) and incorrectly records gas readings and usage.

This is frustrating as it would be good to have an accurate gas consumption rate data.

Interesting the Raw data seems to be fine.

Also it would be useful to have PP02 and NDT data calculated.

Can you assist?

Thanks

Phillip
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Deco dives

Post by nick »

You shouldn't think of them as individual tanks, just the tank you were using at the time. So there isn't 5 "tanks", rather you swapped between tanks/mixes 5 times.

I can't do much without the raw data to see what you're talking about in more detail. You can follow the instructions in "Reporting download problems" stickied in the forum and send me memory from your computer, and I can investigate further. Please also provide detailed data about what numbers you think are wrong, and what you expect to see. We can go from there.

If the raw data is fine, there may just be a minor parsing issue somewhere. I don't have a huge amount of tec data to work with, so I rely on people to help out in that regard.