Thanks for the family license option!

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
mstevens
Dive Computer: Several (Aeris)

Thanks for the family license option!

Post by mstevens »

I just wanted to express my gratitude for having the family license option. There are 3 of us that usually dive together and my son's girlfriend who sometimes dives with us. All use Macs. The family license lets me download everyone's dive computers to my MacBook while we're on a trip but lets each individual review their data and profiles on their own computers at their leisure without bugging me. It's well worth the small additional cost.

We actually tend to like comparing profiles, etc. and when we used the download software that came with our computers (Aeris ACI) we had to switch back and forth between separate log files. Having all the dives in the same data file makes this easy, but we don't have to deal with someone else's data if we don't want to.

Now, if Dive Log just had something similar in the way of a multi-device license...
Casa Suzana, vacation villa in Cozumel
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Thanks for the family license option!

Post by nick »

It's an odd concept though, as I expect most people have their own iOS device. It makes syncing difficult because it's expected you only have one diver etc. But - you are welcome, glad you find it helpful, and thanks for the support :) Always nice to start Monday with some positive feedback!

It's good being able to share the dive sites etc. It could certainly do with some more powerful comparison features, though.