2.3.0 Available Now

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
diveworx
Dive Computer: HELO2

Re: 2.3.0 Available Now

Post by diveworx »

I can't get anything to come up at all, it wont open, give error message, crash report or anything. What should I do?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Did you try downloading a fresh copy?

If you did, and that didn't help, as I've already said in this very thread: email me your MacDive.sqlite data file and a copy of the crash report so that I can investigate further. I fixed an issue last night, so there's a new beta that may help. I can email you the link.
bongo2511
Dive Computer: shearwater petrel

Post by bongo2511 »

Hi,

Just upgraded to 2.3.0.
I am not able to import dives anymore.
Error message: "could not detect a valid serial port".

previous releases were working fine.
Tried a restart of Macdive, it did not help.
Also a reboot of the laptop, no success.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

macbook OSX 10.9.1
shearwater petrel firmware v12
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hi,

Most likely you didn't pair your Petrel. This was announced on the news page and the forum, and there is detailed instructions in the help:

http://mac-dive.com/help/index.php?titl ... ter_Petrel

Sorry for the inconvenience. It enables downloading of much more data from the device, in a more efficient manner.
bongo2511
Dive Computer: shearwater petrel

Post by bongo2511 »

Hi Nick,

thanks for the quick reply.
re-pairing petrel solved it.

thanks!
Machead
Dive Computer: Sunnto Cobra 3

Post by Machead »

[quote="nick"]New Features:
SNIP

Added “Optimise Database” to Preferences -> Advanced to perform general maintenance.

Tried to use this feature.... nothing happens when I click it.
Mac OS X 10.7.5
MacDive v2.3.3

MacDive is not/will not auto add images
How can I import a CSV file, or, import (drag drop) dives and images from my laptop (where everything is fine) to my Desktop where it's not finding or showing images? ( I keep a Master Log and weekly backup).

I see that the LVD file format is preferred but, there's no LVD file format listed as an export option.

What exactly (and from where) am I to drag and drop onto the Desktop MacDive app?

Thanks in Advance.

Message was edited to add LVD information and question.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Tried to use this feature.... nothing happens when I click it.
Good, you shouldn't notice anything.
MacDive is not/will not auto add images
It tells you why not. For example the dates don't match, etc. I really can't help much more than that without more information.
How can I import a CSV file, or, import (drag drop) dives and images from my laptop (where everything is fine) to my Desktop where it's not finding or showing images? ( I keep a Master Log and weekly backup).
See the FAQ in the help for transferring your data. You should copy your entire MacDive data directory if you want everything to copy correctly to a different computer. It will then copy your images etc also.
I see that the LVD file format is preferred but, there's no LVD file format listed as an export option.
I'm not sure where you're seeing that. LVD is a format you can import, it's not preferred for anything - it's only there to be imported. But if you are just trying to copy your data to another computer, see above - copy the actual data/images rather than exporting anything.