License question + SYNC between Macs

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
JamworkS
Dive Computer: Cressi Leonardo

License question + SYNC between Macs

Post by JamworkS »

It says on the webpage:

A Single User (individual) License permits you to use MacDive for yourself, on your Desktop and/or Laptop.

Does that mean that I can use MacDive on both my Mac and my Macbook at the same time without any problems?

Also, I usually travel with my Macbook but use my Mac as my main computer so, how can I keep both installations synced? In other words, if I'm on a journey and download the logs onto my laptop, how can I update automatically my Mac without having to enter all the info again.

Thank you.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: License question + SYNC between Macs

Post by nick »

Yes. To keep them in sync, currently there is no official way. Look around the forums and there are some methods using Dropbox that people have had success with. Otherwise you would manually need to copy the files.

Official syncing will be available in the near future.
JamworkS

Post by JamworkS »

nick wrote:Yes. To keep them in sync, currently there is no official way. Look around the forums and there are some methods using Dropbox that people have had success with. Otherwise you would manually need to copy the files.

Official syncing will be available in the near future.
That's a bugger, I must say! I have premium dropbox, so I'll look around.

Nick, could you answer to my previous question about "Single License"? I'm about to buy it but I need to know if a Single License will allow me to use it in both my Macs.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Yes, as it says, the single user license allows a user to run MacDive on both their desktop and laptop.
JamworkS

Post by JamworkS »

nick wrote:Yes, as it says, the single user license allows a user to run MacDive on both their desktop and laptop.
Thank you! License bought already, couldn't wait! :mrgreen: