2.2.5 Released

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

2.2.5 Released

Post by nick »

Hey gang,

Another update. LOTS of internal improvements that you hopefully won't notice, lots of bug fixes, and a few hopefully useful features. I'm off on a dive trip in a few days, so please let me know ASAP if you run in to any major problems.

The plan once I'm back is to get some of the bigger feature requests under way and get some cool new things cranked out. I've been promising this for a while, but it has taken quite some time to do a bit of tidying up behind the scenes to get things to a good place to make it happen. Almost there..

For now, hopefully this update adds something of value and fixes a few problems. Let me know how you get on!

New Features
Added support for the Hollis DG02.
Added support for the Sherwood Amphos.
Added ability to print a listing of your Gear.
Added ability to right click on a selection of dives and renumber them.
Added support for reading multiple gases from the Cobalt.
When adding site images with GPS data, the location from the image will be used if the site has no existing GPS.
Sites now have a "Check image for GPS" button to scan images for GPS and update site coordinates.
Significantly improved performance of importing large DM4 databases.
DM4 import now reads Tags and Events.
Minor interface improvements to Sites.
Dive Inspector will correctly sort newly added gear in the Available Gear list.
You can now sort by Site in the dives table.
Sorting the dives table by weight sorts Tcorrectly now.
General stability improvements and bug fixes.

Bug Fixes
Fixed issue reading temperatures from an Icon HD in certain cases.
Fixed issue where some dives could be skipped when downloading from an Icon HD Net Ready.
Fixed issue reading dates from DM4.
Fixed issue saving smart dive logs.
Fixed issue not finding dives in LVD files in some cases.
Minor display fix for the auto-updater.
tdtaylor
Dive Computer: Cobra+D4i

Re: 2.2.5 Released

Post by tdtaylor »

Nick-
Yesterday I downloaded dives and synced to my iPhone/DiveLog without any problem. Have never had any issues thru 200 dives. Downloaded the update, then downloaded yesterday's dives- no issues. But when I went to sync with DiveLog, the bottom bar states the device is found, but for about two minutes the multicolored wheel on the Mac Air spun and when I looked at the ForceQuit menu, MacDive was "unresponsive." After about 2 minutes, a window on the Air shower up -"iOS Sync Encountered MacDive failed to connect to the device TT iPhone on port 49385."

Never seen this message before. Restarted the machines and ended with the same result. Please note the only problem I encountered was with the isync function. (DiveLog has a new window before the sync screen to use iCloud or Wi-fi sync, I use WiFi, and have used this for a while).

PS- I added the o-ring to the D4i cable, and it makes the connection snug and now works fine.

Mac Air
Mac OS 10.8.3
IPhone 5 with DiveLog

Thanks,

Terry
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Are there any errors in the Console ?

I didn't encounter this issue myself, and usually connecting to the device is more to do with your network configuration. There were only minor changes to the sync for some stuff that was renamed internally, so this update unlikely has anything to do with the issue.

Are you on the same network? You're not trying this at a hotel or some such? Have you tried rebooting your router/phone just in case?
tdtaylor
Dive Computer: Cobra+D4i

Post by tdtaylor »

I have been trying to sync throughout the day. I have been on the same network, same machine, and have rebooted/turned off everything before each attempt. Just a few minutes ago I tried again and it was successful. Absolutely no changes I have made to any parts of the system. It did take a little while longer to sync, but at this point it doesn't bother me for I just want it to sync. Also, both devices were 3-4 feet from the wireless router, so signal strength was not an issue.

Bottom line, I have absolutely no idea why it didn't work earlier and now syncs without a problem. :o

If I have any further problems, I will be sure to post/email them,

Thanks,

Terry
ray2day
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop

Post by ray2day »

Hello Nick,

Thank you for this great software. Keep up the good work!

I like the new feature where I can print my gear, I tried to do so, but I have one comment on that option;

I am from The Netherlands our currency overhere is € (euro). Related to my general MacDive / or general
computer settings -at least I think- I am able to fill in the Purchase Price in euro at the Gear section.
But when I wanted to print it the print preview showed me the $ dollar sign. Can you solve this problem?

And I have another request also;

I had some problems with synchronizing my pictures/photo's with the timeline of the divingcomputer:
I read the part in the faq about the timetable versus the pictures/photo's added and shown in MacDive.
So I set the date and time of my underwater camera and my divecomputer to the exact same date/time.
Problem solved you would say. Well it was solved in that way... but sometimes I get great pictures made
by dive buddies which I want to add, but where date/time of the camera is totally different(!) and so the
photo's don't match with the (/my divecomputer) timeline show in MacDive.
I tried to change date and time of the photo's with Adobe Photoshop, but somehow MacDive doesn't pick
up these changes.
Can you perhaps / is it possible to make an option to (re-)arrange the pictures/photo's on the timeline
or to easily change the date and time?
Or do you have other advice for me how to solve this issue myself?

Thanks in advance for your support!

Regards,
Raymond
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

ray2day wrote:Hello Nick,
I am from The Netherlands our currency overhere is € (euro). Related to my general MacDive / or general
computer settings -at least I think- I am able to fill in the Purchase Price in euro at the Gear section.
But when I wanted to print it the print preview showed me the $ dollar sign. Can you solve this problem?
I can probably make this happen, although keep in mind the currency is not localised in any way.
Can you perhaps / is it possible to make an option to (re-)arrange the pictures/photo's on the timeline
or to easily change the date and time?
Or do you have other advice for me how to solve this issue myself?
When you use the File -> Autoadd Images option, there is a panel to offset the times of the images. Use that. This is covered in the help. I used it myself just the other day, as I forgot to change the time of my camera before I got in the water.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ok - the currency symbol should use your local default in the next version. Feel free to email me if you'd like a beta version to try out!
ray2day
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop

Post by ray2day »

Thank you Nick, for the solution on the photo/timeline issue
and for solving the currency problem in the next version.

If I notice other problems or when I have ideas to help extend
and improve MacDive, I will let you know...

Thankx for support!

Regards,
Raymond
Smartinsrj
Dive Computer: NitekTrio

Post by Smartinsrj »

Hi,
I updated my Mac to OS X Mavericks and Mac Dive stop working.
I am not been able to open the software.
Also, I do not know how to update Mac dive to the current version 2.2.5. I still using 2.1.9.

Thanks for help.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

This is discussed in multiple other threads:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1542

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1579

The short answer is, email me for a beta version that should resolve the issue for you. It will be released as an official update shortly.