Merging dive computer and data from IOS device

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
drpadron@mac.com
Dive Computer: Sherwood wisdom 3

Merging dive computer and data from IOS device

Post by drpadron@mac.com »

It is possible to merge data for iOS device and dive computer? I imported a dive log from my I phone program dive log them directly from my Shearwood wisdom3 but I would like to merge the data is it possible? Thanks
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Merging dive computer and data from IOS device

Post by nick »

Yes, but you have to do it the other way around. Read the iOS Sync Guide in the help for an explanation.
SueBee
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Post by SueBee »

Hello Nick,

Thank you for the software. I know that this will be more functional for me than old workarounds for my Mac. I just bought Mac Dive after a 3 year break from diving.

I followed the instructions in ios sync (ie import dives from computer first and then sync with Dive Log to merge data)

I still end up with duplicate dives. One from computer with profile data and one with info entered at the dive site. The times were the same.

Is it possible that I entered too much data on Dive Log? I noticed that the imported dives were listed as the default "Suunto Diver"and I synced with Dive Log before changing to my actual name -my name is already in Mac Dive as I had dropped an old file as well as imported dives from computer and updated the log prior to the recent dives this weekend.

Thanks for your help

Sue
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

If the times are the same, then the problem is most likely you entered a dive computer in Dive Log, and that does not match what is in MacDive. For example, "Suunto Cobra" vs "Cobra". In this case, MacDive will not find a match.

You should check the Summary before you click Sync (at the bottom of the sync screen, click Dives). It will show you whether things will be added (your duplicates), or whether a match was found. If there was no match, you can fix the problem first.

This is all covered in the help under iOS Sync Guide too, with screenshots etc.
SueBee

Post by SueBee »

Thanks for the quick reply

I did read the ios sync guide in detail. and I reviewed the "Dives" tab but did not realize that if it was showing + that it was going to add a duplicate dive - ahhh - I will now understand that going forward

on the first of the 2 dives that I was attempting to sync, i had selected a computer that did not match with MacDive. On the 2nd dive I had no equipment selected. So is there a reason that one would not merge? I am guessing because the MacDive default value for import is "Suunto Diver" which does not match my name in Log Book

I will send the data files to support as suggested in the ios guide

Can i delete these 2 (X 2) dives and attempt to merge again? - or do you only get one attempt to merge and then you must tweak manually

Thanks again!!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I will take a look at your data.
SueBee

Post by SueBee »

Well the merge worked for my husband. So I know it does as you say it will and perhaps next time will be a better experience for me.

That said, I tried opening the sqlite file you sent to import my last 2 dives which you had successfully merged (and I had not) and the file will not import dives 196 and 197. I sent an email asking for the proper steps to open or import from the sqlite file

Thanks!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I already replied to your email just now with how to resolve this. We can just work it out there, rather than having the same conversation in multiple places.
SueBee

Post by SueBee »

Yes - success

Thanks for your help and your quick responses Nick. I had to replace the sqlite file in my Library / application support / MacDive

Thanks very much! I'll let you know how the next attempt at merging goes.