2.2.0 Released

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

2.2.0 Released

Post by nick »

New Features:
Added support for the Aeris A300 AI.
Added support for the Mares Matrix.
Added support for the Mares Puck Pro.
Added support for the Mares Nemo Wide 2.
Added support for the Sherwood Insight (Non Metal Buttons).
Updated to support newer Aeris Elite T3's.
Added apnea mode support for the HW Frog.
Added right click on a tank in the gas graph to change the mix.
Added Emergency Contact field to Divers.
Added URL to pieces of gear (under Purchase).
Added PPO2 graph (currently only supports Shearwater devices).
Added NDT information from Shearwater Predator/Petrel.
Added temperatures to Smart Divelog criteria.
Added set point high/low.
Added deco model (along with smart log filter).
Added scrubber time before/after for tracking scrubber usage.
Added ability to duplicate gear (Right click -> Duplicate).
Added next service date to gear.
Added syncing of next/last service to Dive Log.
Added syncing of Site Description to Dive Log.
Modified formatting for Pressure/Temperature in imperial to not display decimals.
Certifications now show a description if they have no image.
Certifications in the Dive Inspector are now filtered by the selected diver.
Added sorting options to Certifications.
Rearranged a few items in the File and Edit menus.
Vastly improved XML import/export.
For new users, MacDive will now determine display units from your OS preferences.
General optimisations.

Bug Fixes:
Fixed summary page title not printing in unicode.
Fixed issue where files couldn't be saved in some cases.
Fixed issue where Notes sometimes wouldn't save.
Fixed display issue with tank capacity under Manage Tanks.
Fixed issue parsing some GPS coordinates pasted from Lightroom.
Fixed issue writing tank sizes to UDCF in some cases.
Fixed issue reading dive computers from some Divelog files.
Fixed issue reading pressure from the Hollis DG03.
Fixed some minor issues reading from Dive Log XML files.
Fixed some issues reading certain Oceanic csv files.
Fixed issue with the mini profile graphs displaying incorrectly in some cases.
reefduffer
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Re: 2.2.0 Released

Post by reefduffer »

Hi Nick,

Installed it, poked around in my existing log, seems stable so far. Thanks for all the work, and in particular for addressing a couple of my recently reported requests.

Hoping now you have time to look at the others. ;)

One small area of issue, I'm guessing it's not new, but I just noticed it, hadn't poked around in it much before.
In the Inspector "Raw" tab, when there's an event, there are three samples reported. E.g.,
160.00 55 0 32
180.00 57 0 32
200.00 59 0 32 ascent
200.00 59 0 32
200.00 59 0 32
220.00 56 0 32

My understanding is that on my Cobra, an event occupies a sample byte in the profile history, but not a sample time. Having a second sample displayed at 200 seconds might make some sense, although I don't think it's correct or necessary . But a third?

The event above was from my last dive trip, uploaded directly into Macdive. I went back and found a similar event on an older dive that I had imported from Divelog. There is only one sample shown for the time of the event. So it looks like a Cobra upload profile issue in MacDive?

And I note that in the display, you've omitted the decimals from the depth, pressure, and temp displays. (The latter two of which don't have meaning on a Cobra).
Would that be a reasonable thing to do for the time in seconds as well?

Since I'm here, suppressing the nonexistent temp and pressure would be OK with me, not that big a deal, but less confusing perhaps. I remembered that you do that in the "All Dives" upper window if the "Air" tab is selected - you display "No Pressure Data Available", so MacDive knows that's the case. Hmmm. but if the "Temp" tab is selected, you display a flat "32.00" profile.... I know, it never ends. Nothing here impacts the overall usability of MacDive, just opportunities for further polish. But easier to do than some other requests ...

Regards
sevenrider860
Dive Computer: Cobalt, Wisdom3

Post by sevenrider860 »

"Fixed display issue with tank capacity under Manage Tanks."

Maybe it was another issue. I changed the units under preferences from Metric to Imperial. I noticed that the computed SAC rate was now incorrect. What I determined is that MacDive does not convert from Metric to Imperial Settings. The capacity in liters is simply used as the cubic foot value.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

This is by design - the values won't change. If you want to use imperial, you will need to add a working pressure and change L to CUFT.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

reefduffer wrote: Since I'm here, suppressing the nonexistent temp and pressure would be OK with me, not that big a deal, but less confusing perhaps. I remembered that you do that in the "All Dives" upper window if the "Air" tab is selected - you display "No Pressure Data Available", so MacDive knows that's the case. Hmmm. but if the "Temp" tab is selected, you display a flat "32.00" profile.... I know, it never ends. Nothing here impacts the overall usability of MacDive, just opportunities for further polish. But easier to do than some other requests ...
I double checked the code and this is not the case. They should be displaying No Temp Data. I verified with some downloads from a Cobra and it all looks correct. I would think your dives probably came from another source, and were not directly downloaded.

I will check the Cobra samples over the weekend, I'm a little strapped for time this week.

Edit: Couldn't sleep. Had a brief look, seems the third sample is incorrect, but the second seems to be accurate vs an old Cobra memory dump and Suunto logbook that I have. It is tidied up for the next release. Also the raw tab will show you the time in MM:SS now. Needs a bit more testing yet but looks better so far.
reefduffer
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Post by reefduffer »

Nick, Thanks for looking. I hope this didn't contribute to your insomnia, it's not causing me any problem, just some anomalies I noticed that you might want to polish up.

Based on your initial response, I checked, and the meaningless temperature profile of flat 32.00 occurs only for the older dives imported from Divelog. The ones uploaded directly into MacDive from the Cobra have the more informative "No Temperature Data Available". I had gone to an older dive to see if it had the repeated profile entry in the raw tab, as I described above. Then used that dive to look at the temp profile, and never thought to go back and look at a newer one.

So I looked at the Divelog.xml file that I imported this from, here's an excerpt from
a dive with an ascent warning:
<profile sample="51" depth="55.0" />
<profile sample="52" depth="52.0" />
<profile sample="53" depth="46.0" ascent="1" />
<profile sample="54" depth="52.0" />
<profile sample="55" depth="51.0" />

As you can see, there's no temperature value, 32.00 or otherwise, in the profile sample. That would then seem to be an artifact of MacDive's Divelog.xml import process?

I'm ready to accept that a slightly misleading display glitch in dives imported from a legacy file format that is quickly fading away is not worth a lot of your time or attention. There are more important things.

With regard to the duplicated samples in the raw tab, I'm happy that you agree the third entry is wrong. However, the Divelog xml profile matches my understanding of the uploaded bytestream, based on the description by Markus Fritze that I saved in 2007 from http://www.sarnau.info/papers:suunto_vyper. (Still there, it looks like).

The events are extra untimed 'escape' values that can be considered as attached to the previous (or next, it's not clear) sample. So showing two samples with the same time value when an event occurs neither adds any value, or corresponds to the semantics of the uploaded bytestream.

So two entries would be better than three, but one would be better still, I think.

Regards, and please don't lose any more sleep over this.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ok thanks