Timezones

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
lgershon
Dive Computer: Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1

Timezones

Post by lgershon »

Is there a way to turn timezone support off and instead just show the local time in the location of the dive. While looking at my list of dives, I would prefer seeing the time I actually entered the water in the place I was instead of some time in the middle of the night. What difference does it make what time it was in my current location if the dive was on other side of world?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Timezones

Post by nick »

Sure: Just ignore it. If you don't touch the timezone field, you will get the behaviour you want.

The problem is that for people that download in different locations or change the timezone of their computer permanently (like I did when I moved countries recently), the times are all suddenly wrong. This is important to maintain.
lgershon
Dive Computer: Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1

Post by lgershon »

So you mean I should change the time on my dive computer for my current location but always import into the same timezone in the logbook?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Yes, the default should be fine.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Thinking about it, maybe I should just hide the timezone field from the UI. It's probably just causing more confusion than it is worth being there. I'm trying to recall why I included it (in the ui), but I can't think of any reasons off the top of my head that it needs to be there.

I'll do some testing and maybe I can just get rid of it.