Deleting dive site/location

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

Deleting dive site/location

Post by Jean-Francois »

After updating to the new version, I took my macdive.sqlite backup and reinstalled it in the appropriate folder and 2 unwanted things happened.
1) all the dives where properly put back in the program with every correct info but Mac Dive create a new dive numbered 0 for each dive I had logged. So basically I found myself with twice the amount of dives. It was solved rather easily as I selected those unwanted dives (all with the number 0) and deleted them. And now it's back to normal

2) under location, I have all my previous locations labeled correctly and all locations with Unknown country, unknown location, xxxx,yyy,zzzz (x.y.z being the country, location, dive site of every dive). So basically I have, again, every location twice; once normal and once starting with unknown country, unknown location. The only problem is that I don't know how to delete those unwanted locations.

Nothing major, I thought I would report it.

On the plus side, statistics work wonders I love it.
DocCarl
Dive Computer: Pro Plus 2

Re: Deleting dive site/location

Post by DocCarl »

I too would like to know how to delete locations.
Other than that, I'm really enjoying this update!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Click on Sites, in the left bar. Edit your site data to suit.

There, you can delete sites, edit the values of existing ones, etc. Make sure you don't have sites that don't have a value for location or whatever - they'll end up being replaced with "Unknown Location" in certain places. Really just edit your data there and tidy it up. The list view may be more convenient than the thumbnail view for this.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

And to the other post, to delete sites, you can delete them by clicking the X in the top right in thumbnail view, or File -> Delete to delete any selected sites in the Sites view.