What dive computer should I purchase?

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
awswimmer
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper Air

Re: What dive computer should I purchase?

Post by awswimmer »

You can't sync to I devices from the Suunto computers, but you can achieve a similar effect by putting some detail into the iPhone/iPad and then syncing the dive computer to the Mac and combining the dives later.

The BEST way, though is to put things like the dive site into Dive Log (or whatever) on the Pad/Pod/Phone when you are there and have GPS, or whatever, then sync those with Dive log when you get back. Sync the Dive computer with MacDive, update the info on the dives (buddys, place etc and then finally do the last sync back to the pod/pad/phone. Long winded, but keeps the information good! :mrgreen:
Andy
pragyaware
Dive Computer: Macbook Air

Post by pragyaware »

Best wrist dive computer is Mares Puck Dive computer from my point of view. for more info you must visit this link http://www.amazon.com/Mares-Puck-Wrist- ... B00106GVLA
jwwphoto
Dive Computer: Oceanic Veo 3.0

Post by jwwphoto »

Don't do what I did and settle for cheap at the beginning. I am now on my third and final computer. The second computer is a Oceanic Veo 3.0 and is wrist mount. It is now a redundent computer. I just bought the Atomic Cobalt, this thing is a technological masterpiece. Just do the research up, like you are doing, and you will know what you want before you spend money.

Jeff