Geo - Low Battery

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Geo - Low Battery

Post by nick »

My wife's Geo has low battery. I was trying to download some dives off it before I replace it, but it won't go into PC mode. I don't see anything in the manual, but has anyone had this before? Is this what is supposed to happen, or is something else wrong ?
blairplayer
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra 2

Re: Geo - Low Battery

Post by blairplayer »

Don't know about the Geo, but my Cobra2 doesn't lose info when you change the battery. In fact, I can't figure out how to make it delete logs. Obviously writing to non volatile memory or it has a capacitor that holds enough to save logs.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Yeah, I figured as much, I just wanted to actually check out the data - partly for testing, but partly because we were doing some training and I wanted to see how many ascent rate warnings we'd triggered :)

Seems I'll just get the battery replaced and wait till that's done - no real drama.
azchipka
Dive Computer: Geo V2 / Shearwater

Post by azchipka »

The GEO battery is user replaceable you should have gotten the compartment key with your computer. Its a standard battery 2450 which you can pick up at Radio Shack.

Dives are stored in a long term memory and will not be lost as long as the computer is with out power for less then 10 minutes. So no fear on doing a battery replacement all you will need to do is reset the date and time.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hmm, not sure where the key is. I sent it off to get sorted, I'll check it when I get it back.