Choice of Metric or Imperial Units Per Dive Entry?

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
ITGuyIT
Dive Computer: None Yet

Choice of Metric or Imperial Units Per Dive Entry?

Post by ITGuyIT »

Hello,

Thanks for creating such a great program. MacDive is amazing. I purchased it yesterday and I'm now entering all my dive data from my paper Log Book. I live in the USA (Imperial), but I sometimes dive in countries that are Metric, e.g., Australia. My dive log details are obtained from rental dive computers/gauges and the Dive Master, so my paper Dive Log contain dives with either Metric or Imperial measurements depending on the country where I went diving and rented the dive gear.

Is it possible for you to add a toggle on the General tab of each dive where people could set Imperial or Metric units, and the interface would display and compute the fields as appropriate? It should default to the system of measurement configured in the Preferences, but still give the user the choice when entering individual dives. Calculations involving multiple dives with different systems of measurement would be based on the system of measurement configured in the Preferences.

I would love it if MacDive would let me enter each dive record data in my choice of Imperial or Metric, rather than me having to keep converting between Feet and Metres, PSI and Bar, Celsius and Fahrenheit, Pounds and Kilograms, etc.

What are your thoughts on this issue? We dive all over the world! Please make this happen (soon), LOL. Thanks in advance, and keep up the amazingly fantastic work!

-ITGuyIT
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Choice of Metric or Imperial Units Per Dive Entry?

Post by nick »

Swap to metric and insert your data in metric, then swap back and they will be converted appropriately for display.
ITGuyIT
Dive Computer: None Yet

Re: Choice of Metric or Imperial Units Per Dive Entry?

Post by ITGuyIT »

Thanks very much Nick.