UDDF support

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

UDDF support

Post by henrik »

Do you plan to support UDDF (Universal Dive Data Format, the successor of UDCF)?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: UDDF support

Post by nick »

At some point, yep, for sure.
gjc999
Dive Computer: Pro 2.1

Post by gjc999 »

This looks like the official post to add my desire to see UDDF import added to the 'to do' list. It's the last piece of the puzzle as far as importing my data from several other applications cleanly.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

If anybody has sample files (preferably a few, from different applications), I would appreciate a copy in an email if possible.
gjc999
Dive Computer: Pro 2.1

Post by gjc999 »

I can generate a few samples tonight when I get back in front of my PC.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Thanks for the sample files.

I've got a beta importer working which reads these files. UDDF is pretty new and not much supports it yet, so it's very beta, and only works with a subset of the actual specification. Basically, the stuff that DivingLog currently writes out. I've spoken to the author of DivingLog and we'll work on fleshing this out between us so that people can exchange data nicely between our apps.

So - the next patch will have a beta importer, but there are a few issues. You are warned!
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Post by henrik »

nick wrote:Thanks for the sample files.

I've got a beta importer working which reads these files. UDDF is pretty new and not much supports it yet, so it's very beta, and only works with a subset of the actual specification. Basically, the stuff that DivingLog currently writes out. I've spoken to the author of DivingLog and we'll work on fleshing this out between us so that people can exchange data nicely between our apps.

So - the next patch will have a beta importer, but there are a few issues. You are warned!
Both the work on UDDF and the collaboration with DivingLog are great news, nick! Keep up the good work!