photos, gear, site, divers info suggestions

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Damir
Dive Computer: Suunto Vytec

photos, gear, site, divers info suggestions

Post by Damir »

Hello,

I have few suggestions for MacDive:

1. time shift for auto add images. There is a problem with adding images if dive computers and cameras time is not in sync. It would be nice to have an option to time shift the images so we can sync them with dives. (per dive syncing)
Example:
Image time in MacDive is 7:50
in iPhoto it is 7:45

So, it would be nice to "tell" MacDive to add 5 minutes to image times while auto adding, for that dive.
This would, also, mean that auto add images options per dive would be needed.

Also, I think that icon for image in dive graph should be smaller as there can be huge number of images per dive or better yet button to show/hide images in graph.

2. divers info. It would be nice to have an option to enter some basic info for diver (insurance, diving license number... ). (right click on divers name in the right menu could give view divers info option?). Like in Suunto's dive manager.

3. it would be nice that you add more right click options. Example: right click to the gear window opens options to add, remove, get info,... or right click on divers name gives an option to edit the diver info (if you except suggestion 2. ;-) )

5. In info window: in site menu add option for new site (automatically open site menu and after creating new site bring back info window with that site added to the dive); in gear tab add option for new gear (automatically open gear menu and after creating, bring back info window with new gear added to the dive)

This is otherwise a great program and divers companion!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: photos, gear, site, divers info suggestions

Post by nick »

Damir wrote: So, it would be nice to "tell" MacDive to add 5 minutes to image times while auto adding, for that dive.
This would, also, mean that auto add images options per dive would be needed.
It's not really auto then, is it? :) You should fix the time on your camera, or fix the images. You can get plenty of tools to automate the process, or to edit them one at a time.
Also, I think that icon for image in dive graph should be smaller as there can be huge number of images per dive or better yet button to show/hide images in graph.
There is an option in preferences to turn them off.

As for the rest, I am looking into ways to make some of this stuff easier and will have a think about more contextual menus etc.
Damir

Post by Damir »

nick wrote:It's not really auto then, is it? You should fix the time on your camera, or fix the images. You can get plenty of tools to automate the process, or to edit them one at a time.
Setting the time on camera is solution from now on but changing the time for ten thousand images is not an option, it is torture and I don't want to mess with already taken images! ;)

This could just be "options" menu where I could set time difference and MacDive could just use this info for search and placement of the images.
nick wrote:There is an option in preferences to turn them off.
Yes, I know and you could just copy this button to info window so we can turn it on and off without going to preferences window.
I usually just want to se dive info but sometimes I need to see what image was taken during the dive and in that case this option would be great. I could turn images on, find the image I need and turn it off again in matter of seconds.

Another note!
Thanks for the certification menu!!! That is great and it is brilliantly implemented.
Though I have a problem with view in that window. It looks like the whole frame in that window is moved to the right and up so I can only see bottom of the certification. But if I want to see info for that certification I must double click on the place where this card should be (upper left part of the frame) and not on the card itself.

Here is the screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about! ;)

Also, how do I delete accidently created certification? :?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

what OS are you running?
Damir

Post by Damir »

Why? To old? ;)
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ah. I will take a look on my Leopard machine and see what's going wrong.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ok this is fixed for the next patch. Drop me an email if you want a fixed version.
Damir

Post by Damir »

nick wrote:Ok this is fixed for the next patch. Drop me an email if you want a fixed version.
Thanks but I'll wait!
There is no hurry! ;)