Access to iPhoto albums

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
NANTROUP
Dive Computer: Atom 2/Atmos ai

Access to iPhoto albums

Post by NANTROUP »

I was playing with the photo feature. I take A LOT of photos and keep them in files related to the dive date and site. However, not all are worth sharing. Even the good photos need a little editing. The acceptable photos are subsequently edited in iPhoto or Aperture and placed into "albums" for each dive in iPhoto after they are clean up.

Is there a way to access the albums in iPhoto in a way similar to the way the screen saver or desktop picture does in the mac OS? If not, it would be a perfect addition to your program. I'd bet most of the people who use your program also use iPhoto or Aperture as well.

Thanks again for a great program.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Access to iPhoto albums

Post by nick »

You can drag photos directly from iPhoto. If you make changes they should be reflected.

Aperture will be a little different - you'd need to add the version, not the master.
NANTROUP
Dive Computer: Atom 2/Atmos ai

Post by NANTROUP »

Does this successfully create a link or add photos? Or either depending on your preference settings?

I still think that besides drag and drop, access to the albums as in iLife type programs would be a very nice addition.

Thanks again for a great program and being so responsive. It is rare.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

If you have "store images instead of paths" checked, then yeah the image itself is stored. That's so that you can copy the macdive database to another computer and you'll keep all your images.

If you don't have it checked, then it should just be looking at the actual stored in iPhoto itself.

It's a bit.. experimental I guess. :)

I'll be working on some changes for the next major update. I will take a look at referencing an iPhoto/Aperture album, that would be pretty handy.