Auto text?

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
NANTROUP
Dive Computer: Atom 2/Atmos ai

Auto text?

Post by NANTROUP »

I have successfully imported information for around 130 dives from the Oceanic Oceanlog software. Now I must enter in all the different dive sites from several countries. Oftentimes many sites are in the same country and location but just a different dive site. Is there a way to have the software fill in the country and location (such as from a drop down menu or autofill) so that I only have to type in the new site itself? This feature may already exist but I haven't found it.

If not, is there a way to duplicate a site and then just edit the "Site" info field?

Thanks for a great product!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Auto text?

Post by nick »

Not really, but you can select multiple sites (in the list view) and change the country/location all at once.

So, go to Sites, make sure you're in list view, add however many new sites, select them all and then load the inspector (blue info icon). Change the country/location.

Now you can just edit the site name itself.
NANTROUP

Post by NANTROUP »

Your latest addition of the site pull down in v. 2.02 is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Great! It's far from perfect, but at least it's a start.

It gets a bit messy when you have multiple sites named the same. I have lots of "House Reef" sites, and you can't tell which is which. This is really just a very quick hack to hopefully help until a better solution exists.
NANTROUP

Post by NANTROUP »

I still appreciate "quick hack."

But I second the request of user pmareschal under the subject: New dives: Assign new dive site to a dive: Difficult?

Thanks again.