Uwatec Computers support ? AquaDiveLog (Palm) sync ?

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
trappist
Dive Computer: UWATEC SmartTec

Uwatec Computers support ? AquaDiveLog (Palm) sync ?

Post by trappist »

Tried a search on Uwatec but gives me the reply this is too common :(

Anyway, I just downloaded the software to try it out even if I saw it wasn't supporting the Uwatec computers.

I'd like to see the support directly on my mac for ideally both the Uwatec computer and the Aquadivelog palm application...

Right now, I download my computer info into Aquadivelog (palm), sync with a PC (which I want to get rid of) and use SmarTRAK to get all my dives.

If I could at least export/import the SmartTRAK dives to get them in MacDive, this would be a good start as then it can be brought onto the iPhone or iPod...

Any suggestions ?
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Re: Uwatec Computers support ? AquaDiveLog (Palm) sync ?

Post by TnT »

The reason why macdive doesn't support the Uwatec Smart/Galileo dive computers is explained in this topic: http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16
daniel_m
Dive Computer: Suunto D9

Post by daniel_m »

And what about the old Uwatec Aladin Family of Computers using a serial interface ?

I just found divesoftware.org using your link from the 'Dive Computer Testing Required' Thread,
and this lib supports Uwatec old Aladin Computers...
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

The libdivecomputer library does indeed support the older Uwatec Aladins (including the memomouse interface), but I don't think they are enabled in macdive. You'll have to ask Nick.
daniel_m

Post by daniel_m »

just for the records...

as I also have this AquaDiveLog Problem I am currently working on a Stylesheet to convert the ADL Conduit generated uddf v1 xml to the
last available version of uddf on the sf repository http://sourceforge.net/projects/uddf-xsd/

therefore when uddf import will be available in MacDive I hope to be ready to import all my dives...
daniel_m

Post by daniel_m »

I now have a valid uddf v 2.2.0 file generated using my custom stylesheet converter.
I validated the file with the stylesheet that is referenced on http://www.streit.cc/dive/index.html
There is currently a bug in the stylesheet on the equipment section, I already informed the maintainer of the schema...

Unfortunately none of the current diving log applications I know can import it :-(
Even DivingLog 5.0 does not recognize my file....

Anyway if someone has some AquaDiveLog UDDF v1.0 Files he wants to get converted, drop me a line....

This will help to improve the translation, as everybody fills the logbook differently

that's all folks