Galileo Support.

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Riger
Dive Computer: Galileo

Re: Galileo Support.

Post by Riger »

Hi Nick,

It has been a while. My personal life got a little hectic (nothing bad) and I did not dive for almost a year but I am back in the water and so I am also back here.

As far as I am concerned the Mac Version (JTrak) is not very good, I now use a virtual machine (VMWare - Fusion) to run Windows on the mac so that I can use the Windows Version (Smart Trak) to get my dive data off the Galileo Computer. I continue to look for a good solution for IR dongle+Mac solution in the meantime.

Ultimately, I believe that there will be a solution to get the Galileo data onto the Mac-Dive application.

Here is a screenshot from inside Smart Trak showing the export options. Do you recognize any option that you may be able to use to import into Mac-Dive;

Best Regards

Richard
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I don't see a screenshot ?

But, I am aware of a couple of ways to read the data from JTrak, and possibly SmartTrak. I'm looking in to it - and as I mentioned on scubaboard, one of the other users has a little tool to extract the information and convert it into a format that macdive, as is, does understand. So that will at least be a temporary solution until I put something more permanent into macdive.

I just want to get v2 finished and released before I start adding more and more features, otherwise I will never get done :) So a lot of things will be 2.1+, which I will start working on pretty soon after 2.0 is out, and I can release more frequent smaller updates. This v2 is a whole other beast.
Riger
Dive Computer: Galileo

Post by Riger »

Hi there,

Do you get this screenshot ? This is jpg, the previous was png.
rvaneerd
Dive Computer: Uwatec Aladin Tec2G

Post by rvaneerd »

Hi, as you can see on Nick's / Mac-Dive's News page I've just enabled an Alpha version of a Perl program enabling us JTrak users to download the profiles and locations from JTrak and load them into Mac-Dive. You can find the "code" at SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtrak2udcf/

I'm looking for some heavier usage of JTrak as I've just started using it (because I'm switching from another platform).
Are you able to provide an Excel .xls export of your JTrak data?
Please be aware that as far as I know, JTrak just exports the following data (and nothing more):
  • Samples
Regards,
Rob.