tracking lifetime dives and dive time-record non-zero start

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
tep
Dive Computer: atmos 2

tracking lifetime dives and dive time-record non-zero start

Post by tep »

Thanks for MacDive - it kept me from needingo to buy a whole new computer, but I digress....

I love the "total dives" and "lifetime dive time".

Unfortunately, I had about 50 dives before I got my dive computer.

It would nice if there was a way to indicate how many dives (and their elapsed time) "BC" (before computer), so that could be added on to what's in MacDive.

For example, I know that I had 50 dives, with a total lifetime bottom time of 12 hours and 40 minutes. It would be great if I could add in some "BC" info, and have that factored into the lifetime totals.

Thanks for a great product, I'm a user for life, no matter what computers I may buy. I think I was even able to "sell" a few copies on my trip to Hawaii last year - people on the boat were complaining about how bad the Oceanic and Suuntu dive software was, and that neither would work on their Macs :-)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: tracking lifetime dives and dive time-record non-zero st

Post by nick »

Divers > Your Diver > Previous Bottom Time
tep
Dive Computer: atmos 2

Post by tep »

Welp, I'm an idiot.

Thanks!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Note that this is only used in some places, like your divers total bottom time stat. It doesn’t get added to others, for example the bottom status bar when “all dives” is selected etc.

For your previous dives, you start numbering at the first logged dive. Again your diver will show the total dives as the highest dive number, not the total number of logged dives. So I think all the info you need is there, and it tries to be used in the appropriate places.

But for instance a common issue is that on the iPad the dashboard will tell you the total dives as the highest dive number, whereas “all dives” is again the total logged dives. It makes sense (to me at least..) but can be confusing at first.