The new deco info in the profile

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

Re: The new deco info in the profile

Post by Jean-Francois »

Cool. I’ll test it tomorrow when I’m at home.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

I've tested it.

It's awesome. It's exactly what I was looking for. And presented much better :)

Really great work thank you so much.

Not sure of the relevance of the TTS overlay. At a glance I couldn't extract any info. But it's there so why not leave it and I'm sure some people will figure out a way to use it better than I can.

The last improvement I could see would be to have the Deco Schedule as window exactly like the Profile Inspector (display toggle via the View Menu) so I could have it on all the time. I have no clue if that's hard, time consuming etc. to do. And in any case not a priority.

Thank you again for your work. The whole new Deco info (Deco Schedule and the Deco overlay) are amazing for me and provide all the info I'd like to have. And an added bonus is that I didn't even have to re download the dives, the new info was immediately available with the new layout. Awesome :)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Glad it's useful! And sorry again for taking so long to get this all supported for you.

I'll look in to changing the popover to be a separate inspector. It's a wee bit of work to add, so I probably won't get to it in the near future. Hopefully the popover is ok for now.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote:Glad it's useful! And sorry again for taking so long to get this all supported for you.
No worries, it's working great so I'm very happy.
nick wrote:I'll look in to changing the popover to be a separate inspector. It's a wee bit of work to add, so I probably won't get to it in the near future. Hopefully the popover is ok for now.
That will be wonderful. Take your time what exists now is working perfectly fine. All the infos are there and readable.

Thanks a ton for your hard work
LukyLuke
Dive Computer: soon a new one...

Post by LukyLuke »

I like the more complex version of jean-François if I may... but with a button to hide/show it...

Another stuff while we are discussing gaz... would it be possible to have back the gaz bar which was below near the time bar some times ago ? If I remember correctly you could see the mix there, or have I seen this somewhere else ?

LL
dalenvigil
Dive Computer: Shearwater

Post by dalenvigil »

Finally got around to updating my MacDive and wondered if there was finally a deco option! Lo and behold it was several updates ago that I never updated.

Anyway, I can't refresh the dives. Which according to another post earlier means they don't need refreshing. However, they don't show any deco information, just the "NDT" line in the graph going to 0, then finally up to 99 once deco has cleared. No other data appears. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Am I supposed to re-import those dives? I'm hoping I just missed something, it's gonna be a pain to re-import all of the dives and re-add all of the information.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

You can try holding Option while you click and select Refresh (keep holding it the whole time), which will force it. However, if you are coming from an older version this shouldn't be required. Note that only certain dive computers have this option available, and even then, earlier dives that didn't record the extra required info won't be able to refresh.

So in some cases you would need to re-download.
dalenvigil
Dive Computer: Shearwater

Post by dalenvigil »

nick wrote:You can try holding Option while you click and select Refresh (keep holding it the whole time), which will force it. However, if you are coming from an older version this shouldn't be required. Note that only certain dive computers have this option available, and even then, earlier dives that didn't record the extra required info won't be able to refresh.

So in some cases you would need to re-download.
Tried holding option and it was still greyed out. It's from a Shearwater Petrel and a Shearwater Predator (several different dives) and neither allowed a refresh. I guess I can try re-downloading the dives, but it's not really a big deal. I'm sure it will all be fine for any new dives with deco obligations.