Downloading from computer after having merged some dives

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
altaskier
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra3

Downloading from computer after having merged some dives

Post by altaskier »

Hi Nick - As always, I consider MacDive to be a great program and keep pointing it out to various friends.

I have one suggestion. Especially on training dives one might pop up to the surface for a few minutes to chat/review something. Since it's all on the same tank and without exiting the water, I prefer to count those multiple segments as one dive even if my Shearwater Perdix AI automatically records them as separate dives. As an example, on Sep. 15 I might have started a dive at 13:00, popped up at 13:10 for a few minutes. Let's call that dive A. After floating on the surface, I go back down at 13:18 and surface at 14:00. Let's call that dive B.

Next, let's say that on Sep. 22 I do another two dives (dives C and D).

Now, when I downloaded dives on Sep. 16 I would have merged dives A and B, giving me 1 dive on Sep. 16. But then on Sep. 23 when I download dives it will actually download 3: one of the "joined" dives (that is, either A or B as a new dive) plus the two new dives C and D.

Is there a way to check the time times for overlaps so that the download on Sep. 23 would not re-load one of the "joined" dives A or B from Sep. 15?

Thanks, Chris Jacobsen
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Downloading from computer after having merged some dives

Post by nick »

Not at the moment, sorry.
altaskier
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra3

Re: Downloading from computer after having merged some dives

Post by altaskier »

Well, I'll hope that you can keep it in mind as a future enhancement!