New Release - MacDive for macOS (2.10.0)

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
aquaticnirvanadiving
Dive Computer: Perdix / i770r

Re: New Release - MacDive for macOS (2.10.0)

Post by aquaticnirvanadiving »

Will there be an update soon for the Aqualung i770?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

It’s supported in the latest MacOS beta. Email me if you want to try it.
aquaticnirvanadiving

nick wrote:It’s supported in the latest MacOS beta. Email me if you want to try it.
Nick,
I just placed a big Keyman order with Aqualung yesterday which includes my i770. So it is not that pressing as I still primarily using my Perdix and log that with Macdive.

Once I receive my shipment from Aqualung, If the beta has not gone official, I will be more then happy to reach out to you. Additionally, although I am sure you already have a good sample base, I would be more then happy to provide field reviews and feedback if you need it on operation.

Matt
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

aquaticnirvanadiving wrote:
nick wrote:It’s supported in the latest MacOS beta. Email me if you want to try it.
Nick,
I just placed a big Keyman order with Aqualung yesterday which includes my i770. So it is not that pressing as I still primarily using my Perdix and log that with Macdive.

Once I receive my shipment from Aqualung, If the beta has not gone official, I will be more then happy to reach out to you. Additionally, although I am sure you already have a good sample base, I would be more then happy to provide field reviews and feedback if you need it on operation.

Matt
I don't mind. There is a beta, and you're welcome to use it if you'd like to log your dives. Entirely up to you. :)

I don't have an ETA on an official release.
aquaticnirvanadiving

nick wrote:
aquaticnirvanadiving wrote:
Nick,

Matt
I don't mind. There is a beta, and you're welcome to use it if you'd like to log your dives. Entirely up to you. :)

I don't have an ETA on an official release.

Just noticed that the new update was available that allows connection with Aqua Lung i770. Downloaded update and attempted to contact to my device.
1. Attempt one with BT. Quickly learned that the i770 only communicates with Aqua Lung's proprietary iOS app via BT.

2. Attempt two using usb cable. Macdive will not sync to device. Error message received is "Failed connecting to dive computer on serial port '/dev/tty.usbserial-DO2XLWIA' (Error Code: -5)"

3. Attempt three using USB. Switched USB ports and tried again to download. Error message received is "MacDive encountered a problem downloading from your Aqualung i770r: Failed to open the device."

Any assistance that can be provided so I can hook this damn thing up would be appreciated.

Matt Lewis