Dive Number

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
ScubaJer
Dive Computer: Atom 2

Re: Dive Number

Post by ScubaJer »

I agree that MD2 offers fantastic ways of sorting/searching dives. But unfortunately being able to keep track of the number of dives completed is important for people working on divemaster/instructor certs. Pretty common piece of info that's included in every log book/dive software I've come across. Would definitely be nice if a field was included in the General tab of the Dive Info. :idea:
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Any smart log you look at (All Dives, a country, your name, a computer, something custom) lists the number of dives in the bottom of the window. So you can see total dives/bottom time very easily.

An individual number doesn't really help with this - generally you just need to have x number of logged dives.
GFuterfas
Dive Computer: none

Post by GFuterfas »

I'd like to request having 'Dive Number' as an option. I'd use it for a number of things. First, it helps when looking at the dives in a list to know which one is which very quickly. It's hard for me to edit and keep track of which line I'm looking at in the viewer -- they all blend together (especially when entering all of my initial dives manually).

Second, here's the hangup: The PADI dive log I've been using lists Dive Number as the FIRST bit of info that I write down. Here's a link to a sample page of the PADI log they gave me when I got certified: http://www.gfuterfas.com/PADI_dive_log.pdf

That dive number acts as a page number in my log book. I plan to print out my dive log so I can also have signature verifications from instructors and buddies. Dive Number would help tremendously.

I don't own a dive computer yet and am a novice diver, so everything (RDP) is done on paper for now. I've just bought your software, and applaud you for the work you've done on it. Everyone's going to have different needs and wants, and I know it's hard to keep everyone happy, but for me this would be very helpful. I'd actually like to be able to add custom fields.

Thanks,
-Graham
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Sigh, I finally gave in and added dive number for the next release :mrgreen: