Suggestion: avoid blank data from calculating as 00.00

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Miller64
Dive Computer: SPRO Xtender Quattro

Suggestion: avoid blank data from calculating as 00.00

Post by Miller64 »

Hi MacDive!

I'm new to the app (both on iOS/MacOS) and so happy to review my dives thru them!

My suggestion is regarding manual input:
I really want to leave some data fields "blank" instead of being replaced with "00.00" when I didn't have those on my paper logbook, and want these null fields out of calculation.

I want this feature for the fields such as Average Depth and Air Start/End because I'm having problems due to 00.00 in dive site overview (wrongly shallow Avg Depth) and SAC Rate (wrongly high).

I understand the app is mainly intended to use with dive computers, but I'd love to add my past dives made before I got my own computer. I love your beautiful app so much and want to review all my dives in it, and I feel a bit sorry to see my "Sites" collection got messed due to my past incomplete log.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Suggestion: avoid blank data from calculating as 00.00

Post by nick »

When you add a new dive, the average depth is actually blank, not zero. The Dive Inspector and table column show you 0.0, but that's just a default display value.

The actual problem is that the average depth for sites doesn't skip them - I have fixed that, so it no longer includes them. This will be in the next update.
Miller64
Dive Computer: SPRO Xtender Quattro

Post by Miller64 »

Hi nick,

I'm very very happy to hear the issue won't be anymore in the near future! I'm looking forward to get the next update =)

Thank you for your hard work and wonderful MacDive!!!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

No problem. If it's annoying you now, feel free to email me for a beta version - not sure when I'll do the next release.