MacDive Forums

Discussion and Support for MacDive
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:48 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Suggestions Part 4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 pm 

Dive Computer: Mares Puck Pro
Hi,

Another batch of thoughts & suggestions for your consideration.

Suggested enhancements

Menu bar: offer the ability to show more than 4 menu items on larger displays (plus models)
Dives & Critters: use the full width of the display (or at least more of it) for showing the photos - Gear for example uses more (not all) of the width
Sites: In a site it says the # of critters spotted but it'd be nice to find out what they are, eg: option to view Critters spotted here
Sites: Ability to zoom in/out/move map (without having to go into Edit - so you can get a closer look at the location)
Sites: Show Min & Max Temperature alongside Average
Sites: show site photo & offer ability to see other photos taken here
Dives: (detail view) Perhaps show the camera icon in the top row with a line through it to indicate there are no photos?
Dives: (detail view) Perhaps show the Dive Number in the Heading?
Gear/Groups/View Contents - my expectation would be ‘Edit’ if I want to change the Groups contents but if I don’t tap edit then the ability to view the item in detail (so I can make a decision to include it or not)
Gear/Groups/Contents - further to the above the list of Contents would be enhanced by perhaps showing the weight & value?
Gear/Group/Contents - I note it’s in Manufacturer order, I’d like the option to sort by name (or weight or value)
Sites: Use consistent terminology: List view (Countries/Town/Site) shows D/H/M/S whereas Dives/Tags or Dives/Smart Logs summary headings use d/h/m/s (as do the dive detail pages) but Dives/Tags & Dives/Smart Logs & then Statistics uses D/H/M again. Elsewhere Days, Hours etc. are used (such as in gear usage)

Bugs?

Sites/Gear: Notes defaults into Edit mode without having to select Edit, unlike all other fields
Critters/Gear: Notes section doesn’t use the full width of the display (like it does in the Notes section of Dives)
Critters: Category photo from list doesn’t get displayed as the photo when you tap on the category, is this intentional?
A complete uninstall & resync to the app didn’t populate the Gear Groups photos - despite me adding them previously in the app & syncing to the desktop - does it sync these to the desktop

K