Suggestions Part 4

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
jarold
Dive Computer: Mares Puck Pro

Suggestions Part 4

Post by jarold »

Hi,

Another batch of thoughts & suggestions for your consideration.

Suggested enhancements

Menu bar: offer the ability to show more than 4 menu items on larger displays (plus models)
Dives & Critters: use the full width of the display (or at least more of it) for showing the photos - Gear for example uses more (not all) of the width
Sites: In a site it says the # of critters spotted but it'd be nice to find out what they are, eg: option to view Critters spotted here
Sites: Ability to zoom in/out/move map (without having to go into Edit - so you can get a closer look at the location)
Sites: Show Min & Max Temperature alongside Average
Sites: show site photo & offer ability to see other photos taken here
Dives: (detail view) Perhaps show the camera icon in the top row with a line through it to indicate there are no photos?
Dives: (detail view) Perhaps show the Dive Number in the Heading?
Gear/Groups/View Contents - my expectation would be ‘Edit’ if I want to change the Groups contents but if I don’t tap edit then the ability to view the item in detail (so I can make a decision to include it or not)
Gear/Groups/Contents - further to the above the list of Contents would be enhanced by perhaps showing the weight & value?
Gear/Group/Contents - I note it’s in Manufacturer order, I’d like the option to sort by name (or weight or value)
Sites: Use consistent terminology: List view (Countries/Town/Site) shows D/H/M/S whereas Dives/Tags or Dives/Smart Logs summary headings use d/h/m/s (as do the dive detail pages) but Dives/Tags & Dives/Smart Logs & then Statistics uses D/H/M again. Elsewhere Days, Hours etc. are used (such as in gear usage)

Bugs?

Sites/Gear: Notes defaults into Edit mode without having to select Edit, unlike all other fields
Critters/Gear: Notes section doesn’t use the full width of the display (like it does in the Notes section of Dives)
Critters: Category photo from list doesn’t get displayed as the photo when you tap on the category, is this intentional?
A complete uninstall & resync to the app didn’t populate the Gear Groups photos - despite me adding them previously in the app & syncing to the desktop - does it sync these to the desktop

K
jarold

Re: Suggestions Part 4

Post by jarold »

Hi,

Couple of further items (as if you need more work!)

iOS App

- Statistics - Worst Fill is misleading; I just did 2 (shallow) dives off one fill & it has highlighted the second, starting @ 135 bar as the worst fill.
- Dive Summary Tab - shows 2 decimal places for Depth but none for Temperature, yet if you go into Edit you see the decimal places

Still lovin' it :-)

k
jarold

Post by jarold »

A few more (very minor) niggles

Abbreviations are inconsistent as to when they are capitalized or not eg.

Statistics:Duration:Total capitalizes abbreviations for Days/Hours/Minutes (D/H/M) yet the banner at the top of All dives does not (d/h/m), nor does the Dive Summary screen, suggest standardize on d/h/m

Statistics capitalizes Metres as M yet the Dive Summary screen uses m, unless you choose to edit in which case it becomes M

BTW, loving the iPad app, brilliant work!

k
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Sorry for the late reply, too busy on iPad versions and other updates lately.

I will look in to some of this stuff when I get a chance.
jarold

Post by jarold »

Thanks Nick, loving the iPad version, appreciate all your hard work on that :-)