Search in critters and notes on IOS

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
HTdecodiver
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Search in critters and notes on IOS

Post by HTdecodiver »

In the IOS app there is a search function in dives and gear. It would be nice if there will be a search function in critters as well. Now I have about 300 critters and searching for the right one takes a bit more time.
A search function over all the dive notes or the same search engine as in macOS would also be nice.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Search in critters and notes on IOS

Post by nick »

I have a TODO to add search for critters, I'd like that myself.

Is this a common note you regularly search for? If so, you can add a smart log which will sync to iOS. Or you could assign tags/types etc. If it's just for arbitrary notes, then there's no easy way to do this right now. I'll have a think about it.
HTdecodiver
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Post by HTdecodiver »

I want to use it for arbitrary notes. In the notes I write my holiday memories. For example I want to know the name of the girl I meet in Spain or the dive site were I lost my torch. With a little effort I can also find it by reading the notes of all the dives made in that holiday. Have it a thought.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Ok. I could possibly add a toggle, like with Gear, to allow you to choose "notes" and then just arbitrarily search on them. That's probably simple enough, and avoids the performance penalty of actually searching all the notes unless you want to.

On an unrelated note: your profile indicates you use a Suunto Cobra. Is this the original Cobra? If so, and you had 10-15 minutes to spare and were willing to beta test something on macOS, please drop me an email.