Garmin Descent MK1

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
mattleach2114
Dive Computer: Garmin Descent MK1

Garmin Descent MK1

Post by mattleach2114 »

Any plans to add the new Garmin Descent MK1 as a supported device?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Garmin Descent MK1

Post by nick »

No immediate plans. The cost of a developer license is pretty high, not to mention the cost of the device itself.
mattleach2114

Post by mattleach2114 »

Understood. I purchased one so if you decide to integrate and need a data file, etc.. i'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

If it exports FIT files I could certainly take a look at reading those, if they contain the relevant info (I'm not super familiar with the format, but someone suggested they may). It would be an extra step, but perhaps it would be a suitable workaround.
mattleach2114

Post by mattleach2114 »

I wont have a chance to dive with it until Monday the 12th so will see what file format can be exported once i get a dive on it. Thanks!
espenmoe
Dive Computer: Suunto Eon Steel

Post by espenmoe »

I'm interested in this model myself. Hope it can be supported via blutooth!
theironraul
Dive Computer: Suunto D6i

Post by theironraul »

I am also on the edge of buying one to replace my Suunto D6i. Before purchasing, I was also checking on Macdive integration as this has been my software of choice for years. This device, if it works as advertised, could become very popular.

Macdive integration would be very much appreciated!
JamworkS
Dive Computer: Cressi Leonardo

Post by JamworkS »

theironraul wrote:I am also on the edge of buying one to replace my Suunto D6i. Before purchasing, I was also checking on Macdive integration as this has been my software of choice for years. This device, if it works as advertised, could become very popular.

Macdive integration would be very much appreciated!
I definetely believe that one key thing is missing ... air integration. For 900+ euros it should have it.
mattleach2114

Post by mattleach2114 »

Got a chance to dive with it for the first time this evening. First dive didn't register (probably user error on my part) but was able to get a second one to register so did a quick dive for a few minutes. I was able to export it as a FIT file. Im not able to attach it to the reply but if you have an alternate way of getting the file to you id be more than happy to share.

Thanks!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Matt sent me some files. I have basic support for reading them done, but it needs a little more work.

I'm interested in more test data, if anyone has one and has done some dives. Please drop me an email!