ceiling and other deco data

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

Re: ceiling and other deco data

Post by Jean-Francois »

I'm indeed surprise at some of the behavior you just described...... I can even say I'm shocked.

I don't use the iPad for MacDive. I only use the iPhone app to get rid of the paper logbook and to get the scrubber time without the need of turning on my computer. But if the iPad version ressemble the Mac version, I can understand why people would like it. The Mac version just look so beautiful and user friendly. Even more so since I used the shearwater desktop to download my last dives.

Now to the deco info. What I would love is something like this :

You see the deco info in red, from the time you "broke" the NDL to the end of your deco time and all the steps in between. The nice thing about the shearwater app is that when you mouse over you can see more info like the Deco stop depth and total time at that depth (so you can check how close you were to the original plan) and also the TTS from that point on. To be noted that info window appears when you mouse over any of the lines (deco in red, actual dive depth black and even Temperature blue)

Cherry on the cake, there is even the extraction of the GF used. That's nice to have but not need to have as I already make the manual input on the general tab in the dive inspector.

Thanks for looking into it. For now I don't use the NDT line because I don't understand how it works and it doesn't show the data I'd like to see.

I can provide you with more data if you need or if it helps in any way.
dalenvigil
Dive Computer: Shearwater

Re: ceiling and other deco data

Post by dalenvigil »

Count me in for another vote for deco information!!!!

Thanks.