MacDive Forums

Discussion and Support for MacDive
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:36 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:08 am 

Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra 3
I like the user-interface of Macdive very much but I am missing what I believe is essential data: there is no ceiling or other deco data displayed in the dive profile or the detail window.
Can I expect to see this in the near future?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 pm 

Dive Computer: OSTC2N
It has already been asked for a while now.

Nick has a lot on his plate already to improve the software and there was the mobile app release (which is just great btw).

Sadly most of his user base are recreational divers who don't need deco information so I guess it's at the bottom of his to do list. :(
I would love to have the deco profile in the dive profile as I'm doing more and more long decompression dives and that information would be very valuable to me to make some analysis and to compare the planned profile (using planning software) and the actual dive. I've found out that there are some discrepancies and it would help nailing those down.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 am 

I appreciate it that you've replied to my request - thanks for taking the trouble.
I'm dismayed that decompression data has such a low priority, particularly as MacDive is a paid app (there are posts from Nick from 2014 promising "it's coming")
Even recreational divers who dive within the nul time need to be aware of their nitrogen levels, particularly after repetitive dives.
Hope it comes soon!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI
Hello,

Yes, it is low priority. As JF mentions, it's a feature that a certain group of people really want, but unfortunately not the majority. It is also non trivial, and not something I can hack in quickly. There are other things people hound me for relentlessly - for example, a full iPad version of the iOS app. Which, like every other update to macOS for the ~7 years since it was released, and also every update for iOS thus far, will be free. That is a very not-insignificant amount of work to do which is by far more requested.

You're probably not aware, but I also have a full-time job and a family. I spend most of my spare time working on free updates for people, and I do what I can. So yes, there are posts from me - I will get to it at some point. Tomorrow? No. But at some point, when the more pressing things are complete.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with your purchase - please email support and I will issue you a refund.

Sincerely,
MacDive Support

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:51 pm 

My pleasure.

I hope it'll come soon too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:47 am 

nick wrote:
Hello,

Yes, it is low priority. As JF mentions, it's a feature that a certain group of people really want, but unfortunately not the majority. It is also non trivial, and not something I can hack in quickly. There are other things people hound me for relentlessly - for example, a full iPad version of the iOS app. Which, like every other update to macOS for the ~7 years since it was released, and also every update for iOS thus far, will be free. That is a very not-insignificant amount of work to do which is by far more requested.

You're probably not aware, but I also have a full-time job and a family. I spend most of my spare time working on free updates for people, and I do what I can. So yes, there are posts from me - I will get to it at some point. Tomorrow? No. But at some point, when the more pressing things are complete.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with your purchase - please email support and I will issue you a refund.

Sincerely,
MacDive Support

Hey hey! Didn't mean to piss you off. Once again: I like MacDive, so I won't be taking up your offer for a refund. I appreciate the hours you've spent to produce this excellent piece of software!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:13 pm 

Nick, how dare you take care of your family ? This is unacceptable :mrgreen:

As a side note, I don't get why people want a full iPad version.... But I guess people don't get why I'd like the deco information either. So we're even :)