adding Freedive logging to MacDive

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
roger
Dive Computer: sensus ultra

adding Freedive logging to MacDive

Post by roger »

Been thinking about this, trying a few things out, seeing how it works to log free dives as well as scuba dives. It's fun to track dives, especially personal best depth and times.

I’ve thought about it a little bit. One method I thought of was just changing the dive type, but after more thought, I think the best way to go would be to create a second user in the log for myself, one for scuba, one for freedive. That way the freediver gets a separate set of statistics on max depth, max duration, etc.

I think that’s all that you really need to do to make a it work pretty well. At least in the Mac app. In the iOS app, not so much. Still thinking about that, thought I would throw this out there. Freediving grows in popularity more and more.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: adding Freedive logging to MacDive

Post by nick »

Change the gas model of dives to "Free Dive". This tells MacDive to display an extra popup. If you need filters, create smart logs that have "Gas Model is Free Dive".

Dive computers with a free dive mode import data with the gas model set this way already, if they were set to that mode.
roger
Dive Computer: sensus ultra

Post by roger »

wow, thanks. I read the manual once, I swear, but it was a long time ago, and I don't have a computer with freedive mode.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I don't think there's anything about it in the User Guide. It's just one of those things that happens if your computer is set that way.