Gear service reminders

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
amcintyr
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix

Gear service reminders

Post by amcintyr »

Hi Nick.

Would it be possible to introduce reminders for when gear service is due? Maybe either as a calendar or reminders integration, or push notification on the iOS app?

It would be good to be able to enable / disable reminders per item of gear, and set how far in advance you get an alert (i.e., my tanks are out of test at the end of the month, so remind me two weeks before).

It might also be useful to be able to set an alert on gear usage (i.e., remind me to service my regs 100 dives after the last service).

Thanks,
Andrea
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Gear service reminders

Post by nick »

The User Guide explains how to set service reminders and configure when you are reminded:

http://mac-dive.com/help/ios_01_03_gear.php

Currently there is no option for usage based reminders, though it has been requested (it requires internal data format updates).
amcintyr
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix

Post by amcintyr »

Thanks, Nick. As it turned out, I actually had this set, but I hadn't got a notification. After trying to set a few more reminders that didn't work, I realised that I didn't have notifications turned on for mac-dive (d'oh!).

When someone sets a gear reminder for something, would it be possible to check if they have notifications enabled, and if not, prompt them to turn it on?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

The app asks you initially. Presumably you declined, so it doesn't harass you further.