Suggestions: Part 5

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
jarold
Dive Computer: Mares Puck Pro

Suggestions: Part 5

Post by jarold »

A couple of ideas for enhancements for the future for the iOS app:-

Gear - make 'compact mode' separately applicable to the 'Gear' & 'Groups' tabs - I'm more likely to show full pictures for 'Groups' as there's likely to be less of them
Critters - make 'compact mode' separately applicable to the 'Critters' & 'Categories' tabs - I'm more likely to show full pictures for 'Categories' as there's likely to be less of them
Sites/Gear - When you go to add a new entry & tap on a field to enter is it possible for it to clear the default value ('New Site', 'New Location' etc. rather than having to manually delete it?

And finally a very minor issue:-

Sites/Countries list - only appears to display seconds for dives with times manually entered, for example I did one dive in Spain without a computer & it shows '1 Dive, 25M, 0S' while for Ireland where I did 2 dives of 28M, 25S & 46M, 30S it shows a total of '2 Dives, 1H, 14M' losing the seconds.

Cheers

k
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Suggestions: Part 5

Post by nick »

jarold wrote:A couple of ideas for enhancements for the future for the iOS app:-
Gear - make 'compact mode' separately applicable to the 'Gear' & 'Groups' tabs - I'm more likely to show full pictures for 'Groups' as there's likely to be less of them
Critters - make 'compact mode' separately applicable to the 'Critters' & 'Categories' tabs - I'm more likely to show full pictures for 'Categories' as there's likely to be less of them
Maybe. This would be annoying (just due to how things work), but I will make a note to look at it.

Sites/Gear - When you go to add a new entry & tap on a field to enter is it possible for it to clear the default value ('New Site', 'New Location' etc. rather than having to manually delete it?
Yes, press the "x" in the circle on the right of the field.
And finally a very minor issue:-

Sites/Countries list - only appears to display seconds for dives with times manually entered, for example I did one dive in Spain without a computer & it shows '1 Dive, 25M, 0S' while for Ireland where I did 2 dives of 28M, 25S & 46M, 30S it shows a total of '2 Dives, 1H, 14M' losing the seconds.
This isn't an issue as much as it's by design (just perhaps not to your taste). The idea is that after an hour, the seconds are less relevant. If you've dived 25 hours and 10 minutes at a site, do you really care about 4 seconds?
jarold
Dive Computer: Mares Puck Pro

Post by jarold »

Thanks Nick.

Compact mode - thanks

Regarding the 'x' in the circle, I must admit I'd never noticed it until you pointed it out (its not very obvious) but thanks for that.

I can see your reasoning on the seconds thing, its' just a niggle that looks like its forgotten the seconds when in reality it has truncated them. Does it actually accumulate them & convert them when they make up whole minutes?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Does it actually accumulate them & convert them when they make up whole minutes?
Yes, it's purely a display thing.