Idea! (But a bit lazy...)

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
ssimps
Dive Computer: Gekko

Idea! (But a bit lazy...)

Post by ssimps »

Hey
Thanks again for the continuous development! I like the fact that if you download from a computer that computer is automatically selected from 'gear' for the dive. Can this also be added to cylinders used so selecting e.g. Faber 12l in 'Gasses' automatically inserts my Faber 12l.

This would be a tidying thing and save extra kit adding (in reality I have a selection of cylinders I use and usually add equipment groups such as 'cold water diving' to the dive and then forget to add the extras like the cylinder...
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Idea! (But a bit lazy...)

Post by nick »

You can set a default tank which will be used (File > Manage Tanks/Gases). However only one tank.

If you have a dive computer that supports setting the tank, then that will generally be used in place of your selected one.
ssimps

Post by ssimps »

I get that, what J had in mind thiugh was when yoh create a tank in gasses it automatically geneates it as a new piece of gear that way when filling out your dive details after a dive selecting the tank in gasses adds your tank ti the gear used section. Does that make any sense?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Right, yes, that does. I'm not sure how many people would really use/want this though.

The easiest way is probably to set up your tanks, add them to some gear groups, you can then select all of the dives at once and just drag the appropriate group. It's not that much extra to do once it's set up.
ssimps

Post by ssimps »

Great. Yes this is what I do currently I don't add them to gear groups as I have each cylinder listed individually so I can see their useage. Agree it is of minor consequence but I thought I would mention it in case others had a similar need! Thanks for thr consideration and, as always, such a prompt and considered reaponse!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

If you go to manage tanks/gases, then you can see the usage of tanks. At least in terms of number of dives. It would be easy enough to extend that to duration if required. Wouldn't that mostly cover what you want?

It would be in a slightly different place to the general gear stuff, but.. not the end of the world?