Tank Switch Alert

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

Tank Switch Alert

Post by Jean-Francois »

Recently I've realized that Mac Dive has an unwanted (at least for me) behavior. I think it existed all along but it only bothered me recently.

When I add a tank as a bail out in the dive inspector it adds a marker on the profile as if I did use the gas, which I didn't. I add the tanks just to show what I took with me for the dive. In case of a bail out, there would be a marker at the appropriate time of switching.

I don't know what's causing this behavior. What I'd like is that when I add tanks as bail out this alert would not appear (grey out the duration/switched at fields)

Here a screen shot showing what I try to explain :)

nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Tank Switch Alert

Post by nick »

I changed how this works a couple of patches ago. Previously, the gases were only recorded during a download. This means if you edited anything manually (for example you had the wrong gas, or the wrong time, etc), you never got gas switch alarms. It's now calculated on the fly so you can edit them and see these changes.

Of course, you are adding tanks you are not breathing. The intention for this was more you would add them as gear, because the thing you are adding it to is just the tanks you breathed over the dive. However it's easy to fix, I'll just skip displaying gas switch alarms for tanks with a duration of zero.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Fixed for the next release.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

Lovely. Thanks a lot.

I prefer to use the gas tab to see what I brought with me than the gear tab. It makes more sense when I think of planning my dive to think of my BO as the type of gas I need rather than the gear I take, since it can depend on the volume I need.

Again thanks for the hard work.

P.S: is the deco still planned to be shown (one day) on the dive profile graph ? sorry to ask.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

As always it working perfectly after the update.

Thanks for all the work you put in.

P.S: 1 slight thing wasn't the gas list in the dive inspector supposed to be sorted one way or another ? I seem to remember it was but it's not the case anymore when you want to enter the gas via the drop down menu for an added tank
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Great, glad it helped. I forgot about that fix and I think I forgot to put it in the release notes. Turned out to be a relatively small list of features, but quite a bit of work behind the scenes.

Anyway, if I understand what you're referring to, it's likely that adding a new gas just throws it at the end, and it will be sorted properly if you restarted?

I'm not 100% sure though. If you could email me a couple of before/after screenshots then I can take a look for you.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

I'm at work so I don't have a screen shot available. And I didn't take a screen shot on how it was before. To be noted that my memory might be playing on me.

But if you take the screen shot above and you click on the gas drop down menu, the list of available gases is not sorted at all. If I recall correctly, at one point in time, the gases were sorted alphabetically.
Like Air on top then all Nx (sorted lowest number first), then Tx etc.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Doesn't appear it was ever sorting that particular list. Fixed for the next release.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote:Doesn't appear it was ever sorting that particular list. Fixed for the next release.
Then my memory is bad or I did some day dreaming :D
But thank you very much for the change.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Well.. it's possible that it was and I accidentally removed it. :)I didn't go back through my logs and double-check.

But it definitely is now. I also did it for the tank/gas management panel.