Location tracking, it'd be nice if it shows nearby sites

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
roger
Dive Computer: sensus ultra

Location tracking, it'd be nice if it shows nearby sites

Post by roger »

When tracking location, it would be nice to see existing sites on the map so you know if you're close to a logged site, maybe with a transparent blue circle to know when you are diving "within range" of an existing site.

thanks.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Location tracking, it'd be nice if it shows nearby sites

Post by nick »

I will look in to this. Though, the original idea is that you turn it on and then just leave it. Enjoy your diving and worry about the locations later.
roger

Post by roger »

Your app works so well that I have more dive sites in it than in my GPS, so when I'm on a boat, I find myself looking at your app, not my GPS, and saying, hey look, the captain is taking us to 3 fingers reef again, I remember that place, I have pictures of it.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

It seems like a reasonable use. Would it be acceptable to simply show your current location on the main sites map? That would be far easier to implement for you as all the sites are already there.

For me personally at least the feature is next to useless - there's almost nowhere that I dive where I have any kind of reception, so I'd never get to make use of it. I appreciate that you/others dive in places where you may, though!
roger

Post by roger »

sure, just location on that map would be great, thanks!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I have mostly implemented this. Are you on TestFlight? If not, drop me an email with the email address you use for your Apple ID. I can upload a new version for you to try out after work tonight.