Allow for Selection of Different Sections of Profile

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
malarick.k
Dive Computer: Xen

Allow for Selection of Different Sections of Profile

Post by malarick.k »

Feature request: allow for selection of different sections of profile (e.g. I select my descent and bottom portion of time and would like to see my average depth or average temperature for that selection). The rudimentary LV Divelog software allows for this so I am guessing this is something that could be incorporated into MacDive.
Thanks!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Allow for Selection of Different Sections of Profile

Post by nick »

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in replying. It turns out, though, that you could not have requested this at a more ideal time. I am bang in the middle of a long overdue upgrade of the main profile graph. It has barely been touched since v1.0.0, and it turns out that back then I really had no idea what I was doing (well, you may argue that's still the case :) ). I've fixed a number of annoying little bugs with it, improved performance, and done a general tidy up. It's feeling great.

And, to cut a long story short, I went ahead and implemented selection for you last night. It works really nicely. It won't be out for a little bit just yet as it's part of a bigger update, but it is done and will be available soon.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Allow for Selection of Different Sections of Profile

Post by nick »

This is available now in MacDive 2.7.0. Do an update and you should be good to go.