OSTC CF's and firmware updates

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
JerryA
Dive Computer: OSTC 2n

OSTC CF's and firmware updates

Post by JerryA »

I would love MacDive to be a one stop shop for all of my diving needs. Is there any scope to create something that will allow me to update the CF's and Firmware on the OSTC series?

I'm currently still using an OSCT2n. - Go on, you know you want to...

Jerry
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

Re: OSTC CF's and firmware updates

Post by Jean-Francois »

That would indeed be lovely but I guess it's a time consuming feature to developp and I'd rather see the deco profile in the dive graph first.
Socke
Dive Computer: OSTC 2N

Post by Socke »

I would love to get this feature too. I am also using the OSTC 2N and there is at least only one software running on Mac that allows to update firmware and a few of the CF settings. This is Divelog but it always makes trouble in recognizing the 2N.
Would be so great to have only one app to do all the settings. Maybe you can put the requested feature on your ToDo list in the upper half :D
Greetings, Steffan
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

In my opinion, the best solution is to either create a windows partition on your Hard Drive via bootcamp or have a friend who has a windows computer and use the bootloader from HW. That's what I do and it only takes about 2 minutes.

BTW that works for updating the firmware. I don't touch the CFs anymore now (except the GF ones)
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

If you don't mind using a command-line tool, you can always use libdivecomputer's dctool to upgrade the ostc firmware:

Code: Select all

chmod +x dctool
./dctool -f ostc fwupdate -f <firmware.hex> <serialport>
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I will look in to adding firmware update support when I get a chance, I appreciate this would be pretty convenient (and as Jef points out, libdc already supports the "hard" bit).

To be honest there's a couple of CF settings I would like to change myself, and this would be particularly useful in the iOS app. It's a ton of work however, and I have a million other things to do at the moment.
Socke
Dive Computer: OSTC 2N

Post by Socke »

Jean-Francois wrote:In my opinion, the best solution is to either create a windows partition on your Hard Drive via bootcamp or have a friend who has a windows computer and use the bootloader from HW. That's what I do and it only takes about 2 minutes.

BTW that works for updating the firmware. I don't touch the CFs anymore now (except the GF ones)
Thats no way for me Jean, I have a Mac cause I dont like using Windows. So why should I put it on my computer?
And the CF settings are nice to play with when you know what you are doing, though. :-)
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

Socke wrote:Thats no way for me Jean, I have a Mac cause I dont like using Windows. So why should I put it on my computer?
I'm with you there. I just found out that going to friend's house and update my OSTC while is updating his is the easiest way for me. Plus I get to see my friend and share a drink or two with him :mrgreen:

[quote="Socke"¨]And the CF settings are nice to play with when you know what you are doing, though. :-)[/quote]
I don't bother with them anymore. I did it a lot at first but now I'm very happy with what I have.