Hide divesites with 0 dives

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Twan77
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper Air

Hide divesites with 0 dives

Post by Twan77 »

Hi Nick,

before leaving on a dive trip i normally search for all the divesites in the area i'm going to, and put them in macdive.
That way they are already available to be added to a dive when i download my dive computer.

Since i often do not dive at all the sites i already put in, there are a lot of sites in my Macdive that have 0 dives.
It is nice though to have them there should i once return.

My question now is: could you add an option in the sites section, to hide sites that have 0 dives?
Maybe in a similar way as you show or hide inactive gear in the gear section?

This way the sites view is not cluttered with all the sites with 0 dives, but you are still able to build some sort of site-library..

Cheers Twan
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Hide divesites with 0 dives

Post by nick »

Sites that have not been dived will use a gray flag, so you can differentiate.

We will look in to adding an option to hide them entirely.
ffff
Dive Computer: Oceanic Geo 2

Post by ffff »

I'd love to be able to hide sites/mark them as inactive, simply to clear up the signal to noise ratio of out-of-country or out-of-state dives.

Marking them as hidden so they don't show up in the drop-down, and then maybe having the drop-down have a "Show all dives" option to then populate the rest of the sites, could be pretty handy.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I could potentially look in to this, though it won't be until the next big update due to what is involved internally.