Smart Dive Log filter called "does NOT contain"

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
orangesarebetter

Smart Dive Log filter called "does NOT contain"

Post by orangesarebetter »

most of my dives have multiple tags. when creating a smart dive log, I have found that if I set "tags IS X" all dives containing more than just tag X get discarded. Likewise, if I set "tag is NOT X" pretty much all dives get listed anyways since the filter assumes dives with multiple tags are not exactly X (i presume). Thus when most dives have multiple tags, the "tags IS/Not" does not work well for me.

However, the filter command "tags contains X" is great for a positive filter if dives have multiple tags. It is easy to set a filter to "tags contain X" to include dives that - amongst other tags - *also* have tag X.

It would be great if there was a negative version of that filter too please, called "tag does NOT contain X", so I can run negative filters based on tags for multi-tagged dives.

Thank you!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Smart Dive Log filter called "does NOT contain"

Post by nick »

Did you try changing "All of the following are true" to "None of the following are true" ?

For example

None of the following are true:
Tags contains X

You can hold the Option key and click the "+" to create a nested criteria as well (with All/None) for more complex queries.

Also if you weren't aware you can go to Preferences -> Sidebar and enable Tags, so it displays in the main sidebar as a convenience.