Access dive site info from dive details

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Access dive site info from dive details

Post by henrik »

It would be cool to have access to the Dive site info from the dive details window. Maybe as a separate tab, or as a link that would open a dive site details window?

When I do my logging, sometimes I want to update some of the dive site details (e.g. how to get there).
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Access dive site info from dive details

Post by nick »

The current structure of the app makes it a little difficult to just pop up the site window (it's somewhat separate as far as the interface goes), and adding a new tab would be double the maintenance. For now I can try and do something quick, but I'm really trying to finish off a pretty major update. Which, for what it's worth, I am hoping will be super-cool and you will love. :)

I could possibly add a link to the Site view, although it might be a bit weird sending you there and opening up the site. And not really any more convenient than just clicking Sites.

Which details in particular are you after? A compromise would be to have a subset of the details available to quickly edit, it's still duplicated maintenance but it might be the simplest/most intuitive option. In fact, perhaps that whole site part (quick creating or choosing a site) needs to be addressed. I've never liked the one big combo box with every site in it.
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Re: Access dive site info from dive details

Post by henrik »

nick wrote:The current structure of the app makes it a little difficult to just pop up the site window (it's somewhat separate as far as the interface goes), and adding a new tab would be double the maintenance. For now I can try and do something quick, but I'm really trying to finish off a pretty major update. Which, for what it's worth, I am hoping will be super-cool and you will love. :)
Cool! Anything that fixes the super annoying 0 degree bug is welcome ;-)
I could possibly add a link to the Site view, although it might be a bit weird sending you there and opening up the site. And not really any more convenient than just clicking Sites.
If it would navigate to the site in question in the Site view, it would be very helpful.
Which details in particular are you after? A compromise would be to have a subset of the details available to quickly edit, it's still duplicated maintenance but it might be the simplest/most intuitive option. In fact, perhaps that whole site part (quick creating or choosing a site) needs to be addressed. I've never liked the one big combo box with every site in it.
Notes and Site picture comes to mind. I was just logging some Mexico cave dives and wanted to update the written driving directions, how to find the line(s), and a line map.