Feature request: Dive End Time + Operators

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
JamworkS
Dive Computer: Cressi Leonardo

Feature request: Dive End Time + Operators

Post by JamworkS »

Hi Nick,

I've got two new requests (to add to the others I asked for before :D).
  • Dive Finish Time:
    This is maybe a bit of a lazy thing to ask, but I still keep a paper logbook, and used MacDive's data to fill the times, temperatures, etc. Right now I have to calculate the dive's finish time (adding the original time + dive time). Could this be a new column with basically a sum of the two items mentioned before.
    Captura de pantalla 2015-01-25 a la(s) 20.21.18.png
  • New Category under Libray called Dive Operators:
    This one it's a bit trickier. Every year I do one BIG dive trip (usually abroad from Spain and to a place I've never been before) and then, a couple of other smaller trips to places I've been before, so I'm a repeating customer.

I usually use the Dive Operator area of the dive card to write the Dive Shop/Center I've been diving with during X amount of dives.

Example:
    Captura de pantalla 2015-01-25 a la(s) 20.34.09.png
    The way I'm doing it it's manually selecting all dives and writing down the name of the shop in the Dive Operator field (again, I dunno if it's the correct area but haven't found anywhere else to put it). I though that having a new Library called Dive Operators/Dive Centers could keep it all a bit tidier (and normalized) so that anytime I go back to those places I only have to select them from a drop-down list.

Also it'll be good as this way in their info card I could all of their information (website, telephone, email, owner, ...) just in case I need it.
Thank you very much.

Kind regards.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Feature request: Dive End Time + Operators

Post by nick »

I will look at adding the end time.

For the operator, I'm sure you are aware you can select all dives and type in the Operator once, and it will apply to all of them. It also auto-completes.

Cheers
JamworkS

Post by JamworkS »

nick wrote:I will look at adding the end time
Cheers mate.
nick wrote:For the operator, I'm sure you are aware you can select all dives and type in the Operator once, and it will apply to all of them. It also auto-completes.
Well ... In all fairness to you Nick, it's the first time I've seen it auto-completes. If you excuse me, I'll bang my head to the wall for a couple of hours :mrgreen:.

Still, I would love to have a Dive Operators Library to have all the info of my usual operators in one place, and to be able to choose them from a Drop-down List.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

It's a fairly big change to add everything, though I agree it may be useful to record some extra info about the operator/shop.

It will need to wait until I get the other important things done, which are coming along nicely and just need to get finished.
JamworkS

Post by JamworkS »

nick wrote:It's a fairly big change to add everything, though I agree it may be useful to record some extra info about the operator/shop.

It will need to wait until I get the other important things done, which are coming along nicely and just need to get finished.
OK! I'll wait then!

Cheers.
JamworkS

Post by JamworkS »

Hello Nick, now that a looonnggg time has passed from these requests, is there any chance to have them done in the following version? I'll be happy to have at least the "Dive Finish Time", I'm not in a rush for the other.

Cheers.
JamworkS

Post by JamworkS »

JamworkS wrote: Dive Finish Time:
This is maybe a bit of a lazy thing to ask, but I still keep a paper logbook, and used MacDive's data to fill the times, temperatures, etc. Right now I have to calculate the dive's finish time (adding the original time + dive time). Could this be a new column with basically a sum of the two items mentioned before.
Tim, could you have a look at this request I made about three years ago? :mrgreen:

Is there any chance to have a Dive Start time/Dive End Time? We already have the actual date with time and the total duration. I still keep my paper logbook and it helps me a lot.